Windows 10: can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

Discus and support can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Damos_2022, Dec 23, 2021.

1. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?

:)

Damos_2022, Dec 23, 2021

2. Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported

Hi Jimish,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting a message “Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported” on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the computer connected to a domain network?

Winlogon communicates with the Group Policy service (GPSVC) through an RPC call upon system startup for computer policy and with user logon for user policy. System Center Configuration Manager installs a Client-Side Extension (CSE) in the Windows image,
    which is detected by the Group Policy service on first start. The Group policy service then isolates itself into a separate SVCHOST process (it is originally running in a shared process with other services). As RPC communications have already been established
    before the service isolation, Winlogon can no longer contact the Group Policy service, and this results in the error message that is described in the Symptoms section.

On later restarts, GPSVC is appearing in a separate process from the beginning of the operating system session, and therefore the RPC runtime has no problem finding the correct server process instance.

Suggest you to refer to the reply provided by “Azaruddin Syed” from this thread to check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-is-not/35fbe1f2-5318-40e8-906a-71df9b2fd3f8

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Group Policy Client Service failed at sign in. The Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Azaruddin Syed, in the link below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-is-not/35fbe1f2-5318-40e8-906a-71df9b2fd3f8

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 23, 2021
  4. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported

A cousin of mine is having problems login in to his Windows 10 pc as 'universal unique identifier (uuid) type is not supported" message shows up.

It takes more than 20 minutes for his pc to boot up

After login in, task bar is unresponsive and that includes the start button.

Now, he has been using Win 10 since launch and it was an free update from windows 8 He bought the upgrade pack for Win 8 when he was using Windows 7.

I read many forums and many of them say that ' universal unique identifier (uuid) type is not supported' shows after upgrading from Win 8 or win 8.1. Not here, sicne he was already using Win 10.

He also tried taking ownership of gpsvc key but for some reason, Windows isnt
    allowing him to do so.

Kindly let me know if anyone has solution to this problem as my cousins work is affected because of this and he is not comfortable with formating the pc

Jimish Shah, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

1. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier? - Similar Threads - upgrade laptop using

2. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  3. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  4. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unique Issue with My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unique Issue with My Laptop: I have a DELL Laptop with the following problem :The problem starts abruptly at any time.With the charger connected, I lose audio in the system, the keyboard starts behaving weirdly and the laptop stops chargingwith charger attached. On removing the charger, the laptop shuts...
  6. Unique Issue with My Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unique Issue with My Laptop: I have a DELL Laptop with the following problem :The problem starts abruptly at any time.With the charger connected, I lose audio in the system, the keyboard starts behaving weirdly and the laptop stops chargingwith charger attached. On removing the charger, the laptop shuts...
  7. Unique Issue with My Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?: i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?...
  9. I can't identify this port or what it's used for on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't identify this port or what it's used for on my new laptop: Sorry. I looked at so many pages of images. I posted in in Google images and it said it looks like "electronics." Thanks in advance for your indulgence. 149430
  10. Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?: I've recently noticed that my 2011 Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 gets up to a CPU temperature of around 70°C, which isn't good. It currently has an i3-2310M, with a maximum operating temperature of 85°C. I'm thinking of upgrading to an i7-2710QE, which is a quad-core processor...