Windows 10: Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?

Discus and support Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently bought a PC, and I booted it up with Win10. I'm planning on buying a product key for Win10, just because I'm used to it, and don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fireshinobi123, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?

Recently bought a PC, and I booted it up with Win10. I'm planning on buying a product key for Win10, just because I'm used to it, and don't want to change just yet. So my question is if I will still be able to use that feature to get a free upgrade to Win11, if I wanted to upgrade later on, or will I have to buy another product key? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/fireshinobi123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fireshinobi123, Jun 26, 2022
  2. EliSherer Win User

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Jun 26, 2022
  3. tonez Win User
    upgrade for win11

I am going to buy a new PC to upgrade to win11,(upgrade due anyway) but i am not happy I thought win10 was the last, well I am going to move away and dual linux and run with that. Pretty much had enough with windows i am moving on.

tonez, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?

Need product key for Win10 re-load

• Hi, I had to do a factory reset on my Toshiba laptop (multiple problems, black screening, etc.). I downloaded Win10 from MS site and have loaded it back on but product key required. I have no product key because the previous install was free upgrade from
      Win7 a few years ago.

Si and Jan Hoskins, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10?

1. Can I upgrade to Win11, if I buy a product key for Win10? - Similar Threads - upgrade Win11 buy

2. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  3. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  4. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  6. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  7. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

8. Where can i buy Windows 10 product key?

Where can i buy Windows 10 product key?: My Windows 10 free license is about to expire : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-buy-windows-10-product-key/50aa9c3a-6f0b-4a5d-ad7e-b486127430a5
  9. Buying Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Product Keys: I am looking to find a website to buy Windows 10 keys, I also need them to be reliable, if going to the MS store and buying w10 pro for msrp is the only option I have then so be it. Thanks for any input. submitted by /u/StockVortec [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't I just buy a product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't I just buy a product key?: I know, people think I am mental. Well you are right. I would personally just prefer to buy a product key and/or hard copy of Windows 10. Why can't I find anywhere to do this? Yes I own 3 licensed copies of 8.1 pro 10037