Windows 10: Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

Discus and support Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i use windows 7 and i am planning to switch to windows 10, however i don't have a key for it. but i heard people say that if you have a windows 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Giorgi pantsulaia, May 29, 2019.

1. Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

So i use windows 7 and i am planning to switch to windows 10, however i don't have a key for it. but i heard people say that if you have a windows 7, 8, 8.1 installed in your computer you can get windows 10 for free. is this true?

if its true, will i get a windows 10 pro because i have windows 7 ultimate?

:)

Giorgi pantsulaia, May 29, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 29, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 29, 2019
  4. Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

1. Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key - Similar Threads - upgrade free key

2. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  3. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  4. im using a desktop windows 7.can i upgrade it for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im using a desktop windows 7.can i upgrade it for free: how do i accomplish this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-a-desktop-windows-7can-i-upgrade-it-for/e8261580-5368-40b7-ac23-93899100145d
  5. im using a desktop windows 7.can i upgrade it for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    im using a desktop windows 7.can i upgrade it for free: how do i accomplish this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-a-desktop-windows-7can-i-upgrade-it-for/e8261580-5368-40b7-ac23-93899100145d
  6. Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7

Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7: First I had windows 10 inbuilt when i brought my pc, next after a while due to update issue I had to change to windows 7 by some third party services. Now, I need to get Windows 10 for drivers update. I lost my product key and now should I buy it or get it for free...
  7. I have a Windows 7 machine, can I still use the key to upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a Windows 7 machine, can I still use the key to upgrade to Windows 10?: I am upgrading the hardware of my current PC that has Windows 7 on it; but will be removing the HD along with the upgrade. Is there any way I can still get the free upgrade with my Windows 7 copy, or do I need to buy a Win10 key at this point? Thanks! submitted by...
  8. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?: I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw2t8u/can_i_install_windows_7_ultimate_and_upgrade_to/
  9. Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?

Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?: In our office there are several Windows 7 computers that have Office 365 installed. We need to upgrade them to Windows 10. Can I upgrade them for free, considering that Office 365 is installed on them?...
  10. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...