Windows 10: Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?

Discus and support Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can i upgrade to windows 10 from win vista * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: upgrade to win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ERIVERLADY, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?

Can i upgrade to windows 10 from win vista

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: upgrade to win 10

:)

ERIVERLADY, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista?

1. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Vista? - Similar Threads - upgrade Vista

2. Why Windows XPE and Windows vista not allowing me to upgrade Windows 10 when I bought...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why Windows XPE and Windows vista not allowing me to upgrade Windows 10 when I bought...: I am trying to get upgrade to Windows 10, 62 byt. I purchased Windows when I bought a new computer. Out of the 4 requirements to install, I get the 3 top but the fourth says this computer because of EX and Vista, I can't down load What gives? I don't have either of the two...
  3. Desktop complete is invisible after upgrade from Vista to 7 to 10

Desktop complete is invisible after upgrade from Vista to 7 to 10: Here's what happened: 1. Laptop was bought with Windows Vista Home edition 2. Switched the hard drive to a newer used laptop 3. Upgraded from Vista to 7 At this point all my files were there just had to look for them. The Desktop was visible, BUT no icons or files were...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade on old 2008 HP Desktop with Vista. Impossible?

Windows 10 Upgrade on old 2008 HP Desktop with Vista. Impossible?: Hello, everyone. I have a desktop PC I bought back in 2008 that came with Windows Vista. It's an HP Pavilion a6720f. I didn't have access to the computer until after the free Windows 10 upgrade offer had ended. When I had it back in my possession, I upgraded to Windows 7...
  5. Upgrading from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from vista to windows 10: I just upgraded memory & hard drive in a older Vista machine and loaded windows 10 home. Is there a cost reduction since I am upgrading from a old version of windows?...
  6. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the...
  7. DVD player no longer present after upgrade from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD player no longer present after upgrade from vista to windows 10: After installing windows 10 my built-in DVD player/burner is not present in the hardware list. Does not open, seems unexisting. Even the forced opening with a pen in the little hole does not work. Looks complete powerless. I followed several possible solutions but nothing...
  8. Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ex-corporate PC upgraded from Vista to W10 will not activate Windows.: I purchased a PC advertised as Windows 10 from a favourite charity shop. It had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Vista and has a watermark in the bottom right of the screen, saying "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate windows." I have found that this is an...
  9. Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?

Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?: Hello i have a acer aspire 4315 2904 laptop 32 bit operating system with windows vista it has 3 gigs of ram intel Core 2 dou T5750 upgraded cpu from a Celeron cpu with a upgraded one Terabyte hard drive had it upgraded from windows home basic to windows home premium 32 bit...
  10. Unable to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10

Unable to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10. Tried to Install it. It installed something that asked me to buy something else for $29. I don't want to buy anything, just install Windows 10. I have Windows Vista. ***Title modified from Install Windows 10***...