Windows 10: Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

Discus and support Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just added an NVME SSD to my laptop. I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but use the new drive for better performance. How can i accomplish that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RubenNavarro1, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

I just added an NVME SSD to my laptop. I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but use the new drive for better performance. How can i accomplish that?

:)

RubenNavarro1, Feb 13, 2022
  2. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Feb 13, 2022
  3. Upgrading laptop hard drive to ssd

I'm upgrading my old Asus Q200e laptop's hard drive to a PNY SSD Page Not Found | pny.com , following this tutorial. (As an aside, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 due to a slight slowdown in boot times.) Aside from using different products than the ones listed in the tutorial, I've followed every step to the letter.

However, when I swapped out the HDD with the SSD, the computer does not recognize the new SSD as the boot drive. Instead, upon turning on the machine, the system goes into a strange BIOS-esque utility called "Aptio Setup Utility" that doesn't list the SSD at all. It does, however, list the boot manager from the old HDD I have plugged into a hard drive USB enclosure. I've tried looking up the answer online to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Charlie Gao, Feb 13, 2022
  4. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

1. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive - Similar Threads - upgrade SSD drive

2. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by doing a fresh installation on a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by doing a fresh installation on a new SSD?: Hi,I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and want to move to a new SSD on the same PC as well as upgrade to Windows 11 at the same time.Can I just install Windows 11 fresh on the new SSD or do I need to upgrade my old Windows 10 first on the old SSD so it knows that I own...
  3. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by doing a fresh installation on a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 by doing a fresh installation on a new SSD?: Hi,I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and want to move to a new SSD on the same PC as well as upgrade to Windows 11 at the same time.Can I just install Windows 11 fresh on the new SSD or do I need to upgrade my old Windows 10 first on the old SSD so it knows that I own...
  4. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD drive not showing in windows 11: I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB...
  5. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

New SSD drive not showing in windows 11: I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB...
  6. Upgrading to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  7. Upgrading to a new SSD.

Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  8. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive: I just added an NVME SSD to my laptop. I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but use the new drive for better performance. How can i accomplish that?...
  9. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive: I just added an NVME SSD to my laptop. I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but use the new drive for better performance. How can i accomplish that?...
  10. Upgrading to SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to SSD drive: I plan to upgrade my laptops HD to an SSD. I was going to buy a Samsung drive because it has the cloning software but to give my new installation the best chance, I was planning to do the following: back up all my files onto an external HD; reset windows on my pc to its...