Windows 10: Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

Discus and support Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Huawei laptop. I want to upgrade it to windows 11 but I'm not sure if the assistant will have a keep files option. I just want to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Drainerz, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Drainerz Win User

Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

Hello, I have a Huawei laptop. I want to upgrade it to windows 11 but I'm not sure if the assistant will have a keep files option. I just want to make sure with the community that it is safe to do.

:)

Drainerz, Oct 6, 2021
  2. Gramps Win User

Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

What Molyy said. You just never know what might go wrong. I recently upgraded my 8.1 to 10 (10166) and did not lose any data and/or programs, but I did clone my original 8.1 to a second hard drive, and also kept a system image on and external drive...just to be safe.

Gramps, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Losing programs on update to win 10

On Sat, 6 Jun 2015 07:26:27 +0000, EligijusJocius wrote:

Whenever you do anything, safety is never guaranteed. They should be

safe, but things can go wrong, so It's always wise to be sure you have

a current backup on external media before undertaking a big step.

And by the way, your question suggests that you don't do regular

backup of your data. If that's the case, you've been playing with

fire. It is always possible that a hard drive crash, user error,

nearby lightning strike, virus attack, even theft of the computer, can

cause the loss of everything on your drive. As has often been said,

it's not a matter of whether you will have such a problem, but when.

Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

1. Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs? - Similar Threads - upgrade safely without

2. Repair Windows 11? Without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair Windows 11? Without losing data: Ever since I uninstalled OneDrive this happened when I tried to connect with Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-windows-11-without-losing-data/42f710e2-f3e6-4a0c-aaf7-7ec791f91cde
  3. Repair Windows 11? Without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair Windows 11? Without losing data: Ever since I uninstalled OneDrive this happened when I tried to connect with Windows Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-windows-11-without-losing-data/42f710e2-f3e6-4a0c-aaf7-7ec791f91cde
  4. Can i downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 without losing data?: would i lose data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-downgrade-from-windows-11-to-windows-10/ffb5e33e-f219-4256-80e8-ce77a8246e2f
  5. How to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro without losing data: New mini computer AMD with 2 x 500GB M.2 SSD with Windows 11 Pro should be exchanged from a extreme expensive energy consumption with powerful AMD with 1 x 500GB M.2 SSD with Windows 11 Home which is my standard computer....
  6. How to repair Windows 11 without losing data or programs

in Windows 10 News
    How to repair Windows 11 without losing data or programs: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you different methods to repair your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC without data loss if you see any errors during its usage. Windows 11 is an upgrade from Windows 10. Though many worldwide still use Windows 10, Windows 11 is slowly making its...
  7. Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade to windows 11 safely without losing data, drivers or programs?: Hello, I have a Huawei laptop. I want to upgrade it to windows 11 but I'm not sure if the assistant will have a keep files option. I just want to make sure with the community that it is safe to do....
  8. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?: I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-upgrade-to-windows-10-without-losing/780c51a8-ec0d-4949-a538-0e3e87973c3e"
  9. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?: I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-upgrade-to-windows-10-without-losing/695c2990-34e6-4140-958a-f1fbf1a0da2c
  10. Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you still upgrade to Windows 10 without losing data?: I used the Media Creation Tool to get Windows 10. And if I decide to upgrade to Windows 10 is there an option to keep all of your files?...