Windows 10: Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?

Discus and support Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In our office there are several Windows 7 computers that have Office 365 installed. We need to upgrade them to Windows 10. Can I upgrade them for free,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mohammad6, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Mohammad6 Win User

Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free?

In our office there are several Windows 7 computers that have Office 365 installed. We need to upgrade them to Windows 10. Can I upgrade them for free, considering that Office 365 is installed on them?

:)

Mohammad6, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10 for free? - Similar Threads - upgrade PCs free

2. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  3. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  4. Cannot upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 with free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 with free upgrade: Hi,I have tried to upgrade my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade offer as outlined by the article below.https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/When I attempt to upgrade I am faced with the following error...
  5. Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7

Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7: First I had windows 10 inbuilt when i brought my pc, next after a while due to update issue I had to change to windows 7 by some third party services. Now, I need to get Windows 10 for drivers update. I lost my product key and now should I buy it or get it for free...
  6. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?: I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw2t8u/can_i_install_windows_7_ultimate_and_upgrade_to/
  7. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  8. Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key

Can i upgrade to windows 10 for free if i have a windows 7 key: So i use windows 7 and i am planning to switch to windows 10, however i don't have a key for it. but i heard people say that if you have a windows 7, 8, 8.1 installed in your computer you can get windows 10 for free. is this true? if its true, will i get a windows 10 pro...
  9. Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???: A number of people are telling me that they have recently (last month) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 by using the Microsoft media creation tool. I was under the impression that this option was no longer available. How is this possible???...
  10. Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Forces the Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 PCs: The upgrade is automatically initiated at system reboot Microsoft’s offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to those on Windows 7 and 8.1, and an update that was released on June 1 is supposed to offer a direct way to move to the new operating system. Initially, this...