Windows 10: Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices?

Discus and support Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that has a Windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account. I'm planning to build a new PC. Can I use the digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nix_27, Feb 18, 2020.

1. /u/nix_27 Win User

Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices?

I have a laptop that has a Windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft account. I'm planning to build a new PC. Can I use the digital license to a newly build PC to save some money?

I'm thinking that if I login my Microsoft account to the new build PC the windows copy will be genuine. Or it doesn't work that way?

submitted by /u/nix_27
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nix_27, Feb 18, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices? :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Feb 18, 2020
  4. guniu Win User

Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices?

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I use 1 Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account to 2 devices? - Similar Threads - digital license linked

2. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  3. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  4. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  6. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  7. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

8. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  9. Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?

Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?: Hi, I just got a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Activating it I accidentally created a new microsoft account instead of using my existing one. So, now my digital license is linked to this new account. Is it possible to unlink the license and then link to the...
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: How to: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License How to Link Microsoft Account to Digital License for Windows 10 Activation Starting with Activation troubleshooter if you make a hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard. There is not a...