Windows 10: Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

Discus and support Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sxm ., Feb 28, 2024.

1. Sxm . Win User

Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality

:)

Sxm ., Feb 28, 2024

2. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways. Its driving me nuts ! Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here. Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Recommendation for WiFi usb / card

If you have a desktop computer I would STRONGLY suggest a PCIe adapter rather than a USB adapter if you go with WiFi 6. The only USB WiFi adapters that I have seen thus far use a Realtek chipset which is reported to have some serious flaws. In my own personal experience, I have tried 2 of these and returned both, getting performance worse than other WiFi 5 adapters and constant disconnects even 10 feet from my WiFi router. If you go with a USB adapter, I would suggest a quality WiFi 5 adapter. One more note: Should you decide to go with a WiFi 6 PCIe adapter, I would suggest a WiFi 6e model. They actually cost no more, and they are one step up just in case you ever go to a WiFi 6e router.

hsehestedt, Feb 28, 2024
  4. RhinoCan Win User

I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1. After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait. Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps.... - - - Updated - - -
    I started working my way down the list.
    1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!
    Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

1. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once? - Similar Threads - wifi adapters once

2. Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?: We have a PC that needs more than 7 Bluetooth devices connected to it. I have purchased a TP-Link UB4A Bluetooth dongle, but cannot function properly unless the computer's built in Bluetooth is disabled in Device Manager. But suppose we have 2 of these dongles plugged in at...
  3. Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a Windows 11 PC use 2 Bluetooth adapters at once?: We have a PC that needs more than 7 Bluetooth devices connected to it. I have purchased a TP-Link UB4A Bluetooth dongle, but cannot function properly unless the computer's built in Bluetooth is disabled in Device Manager. But suppose we have 2 of these dongles plugged in at...
  4. Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use 2 wifi adapters at once?: I have this wifi adapter, it has bluetooth on it but the wifi is complete garbage, I was wondering if I could get a new wifi adapter and keep the other one plugged in so i can keep the bluetooth functionality...
  5. Can I use a wifi adapter on the optiplex 745

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a wifi adapter on the optiplex 745: Is there a way I can buy a wifi adapter and use it to connect to internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-wifi-adapter-on-the-optiplex-745/e169d536-1ecf-49e9-b414-9dfc9da63526
  6. Can I use a wifi adapter on the optiplex 745

Can I use a wifi adapter on the optiplex 745: Is there a way I can buy a wifi adapter and use it to connect to internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-wifi-adapter-on-the-optiplex-745/e169d536-1ecf-49e9-b414-9dfc9da63526
  7. Can I use a wifi adapter on the optiplex 745

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?: I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my history my pc connected to this adapter. It never happens.I checked my wifi setting, and everything is off, still. but the...
  9. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?: I always turn off Wifi in windows settings. I also totally turned off the Wifi2 adapter intel dual band wireless, i don't use it.Suddenly i see in my history my pc connected to this adapter. It never happens.I checked my wifi setting, and everything is off, still. but the...
  10. Can windows10 update turn on WIFI-2 adapter?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade