Windows 10: Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?

Discus and support Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently got a PC capable of playing games again, so I was about to check out GamePass. Thing is though, the Microsoft account I've been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheCaptainBritish, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?

I just recently got a PC capable of playing games again, so I was about to check out GamePass. Thing is though, the Microsoft account I've been using on PC is different from the email address I signed up to Live with back in the day, is there any way I can use my old gamertag/email address in Xbox apps without creating a new user on my computer?

:)

TheCaptainBritish, Jun 4, 2020

2. Transferring my xbox live account to a different microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to transfer your xbox live account to a different microsoft account. I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Move your Xbox Live profile to another Microsoft account on Xbox 360

Be able to transfer an entire Xbox Live account to a new email/Microsoft
    account

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?

Combining Windows 10 account with my Xbox Live account.

Hi Strahd_III,

Normally, the Xbox app will sign in the email account associated with your Windows 10 computer. This also applies to other apps on your computer. Currently, we don't have a way to merge the account associated with your Windows 10 to your old Xbox Live account
    because both are registered as different Microsoft accounts. However, you can add your old Xbox Live account on the Xbox app so that you can use it to play games. To do that, you need to sign out first the account associated with your Xbox app by performing
    the following steps below:

1. On the Xbox app, click the gamer profile.
    2. Under Info tab, click +More.
    3. Select Sign out.
    4. Once you signed out, click Sign in.
    5. Click Next.
    6. On the pop-up window, select Use a different account, then click
      Continue.
    7. From there, enter your old Xbox Live account.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows?

1. Can I use a different Microsoft account in Xbox apps for Windows? - Similar Threads - different Microsoft account

2. Cannot sign into Microsoft account, or use Xbox app on PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Microsoft account, or use Xbox app on PC.: I recently purchased a new pc, and can no longer sign into my Microsoft account, or Xbox app without getting errors saying I'm not connected to the internet. I've contacted Xbox support, Microsoft support, my ISP Xfinity, and I've done quick assist with multiple support...
  3. Cannot sign into Microsoft account, or use Xbox app on PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign into Microsoft account, or use Xbox app on PC.: I recently purchased a new pc, and can no longer sign into my Microsoft account, or Xbox app without getting errors saying I'm not connected to the internet. I've contacted Xbox support, Microsoft support, my ISP Xfinity, and I've done quick assist with multiple support...
  4. Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?: Hi,I have a laptop which came along with an OEM version of Windows 11, and a desktop which I'm planning to buy a pro version of Windows 11 from a retailer. I'll use the same Microsoft account to sign in both of them. Is it okay to use different Windows keys for the same...
  5. Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?

Can we use different keys for the same Microsoft account?: Hi,I have a laptop which came along with an OEM version of Windows 11, and a desktop which I'm planning to buy a pro version of Windows 11 from a retailer. I'll use the same Microsoft account to sign in both of them. Is it okay to use different Windows keys for the same...
  6. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  7. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?: Hi,I bought Minecraft on my laptop for my kiddo--required a "Microsoft Account", which I made.When to download the installer, and it forced me to open the "Xbox App". Went to sign in there, and it said "Sign in with Microsoft Account?" I chose "Yes", and it now says that SAME...
  8. Xbox Account? Microsoft Account? Same? Different? Not working?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. I want to use a different Microsoft account on a certain app

I want to use a different Microsoft account on a certain app: Here is the situation. We have several computers and they all have their own linked Microsoft Account that have their Outlook, office apps installed. There is this app on the Microsoft Store called Packages Tracker. I want to install that app on all computers and I want them...
  10. Can i transfer a "purchase" to a different microsoft account

Can i transfer a "purchase" to a different microsoft account: A couple years ago when minecraft windows 10 edition was released for free to minecraft java users, I claimed it on a different email that I had then, I want to transfer the "purchase" to my new account since I don't use the other one pretty much at all anymore. Is this...