Windows 10: Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports?

Discus and support Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PC lying around and a GPU. Only issue is, I have an HDMI cable, and my motherboard has one HDMI port, but my graphics card doesn’t. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derpression, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports?

I have a PC lying around and a GPU. Only issue is, I have an HDMI cable, and my motherboard has one HDMI port, but my graphics card doesn’t. Is there any way I could connect via the onboard HDMI port, but still use my GPU?

:)

derpression, Jan 28, 2019

2. Can I use dedicated GPU on selected apps if I connected my monitor to motherboard's HDMI port?

I've figured out that Windows 10 April 2018 Update has settings of switching GPUs on multiple GPU environment. Is that settings available if I connected my monitor to motherboard's HDMI port?

Senior9324, Jan 28, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports?

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports?

1. Can I use a GPU via motherboard ports? - Similar Threads - GPU via motherboard

2. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  3. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    motherboard USB ports not working: i build a new PC but my all the 4 "usb 3.2gen1" port on the motherboard doesn't work at all. all other ports work fine, like"usb 3.2gen2" and USB on case,they all work fine,except 3.2 gen1.i tried resetting and updating my bios and the USB is working after that,but when i...
  4. motherboard USB ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i can not use non suitable gpu NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not use non suitable gpu NVIDIA: i can not use non suitable gpu, i see gpu in device manager with code 39. and already updated. ITS NOT ABOUT DRIVER PLS DO NOT SAY ABOUT DRIVER BCS THERE IS TONES OF TONES OF TONES TIMES POST ABOUT DRIVERS ON INTERNET!!! DRIVERS UPDATED!!!NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL IS NOT...
  6. i can not use non suitable gpu NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not use non suitable gpu NVIDIA: i can not use non suitable gpu, i see gpu in device manager with code 39. and already updated. ITS NOT ABOUT DRIVER PLS DO NOT SAY ABOUT DRIVER BCS THERE IS TONES OF TONES OF TONES TIMES POST ABOUT DRIVERS ON INTERNET!!! DRIVERS UPDATED!!!NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL IS NOT...
  7. i can not use non suitable gpu NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No Sound via Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound via Display Port: Running Win10 x64 1903 - LG Ultra monitor 4k using DP. Monitor is capable of sound but the properties for the LG show jack information as HDMI. Is there anyway of remapping this to show DP. The monitor menu is limited regarding options - the sound is showing as 100% Any...
  9. Motherboard is ok with this GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard is ok with this GPU?: Hello, sorry to post this such technical question here sadly tomshardware website acting weird and I cannot login there so I ask here. I have a ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer motherboard on a i7 processor, NVIDIA GT 710 2GB can work on this motherboard? is there a VGA slot? I learned...
  10. Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?: I want to use 2 displays using HDMI, but the only problem is that when I plug in my HDMI to my TV through the motherboard, it does not work. I know some do not support it which is why I am coming here. My mother board and graphics card are in my account so look there for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there anyway of using motherboard screen ports when you have a gpu