Windows 10: Can i use a ipad as a boot disk

Discus and support Can i use a ipad as a boot disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can you download windows 10 on a ipad and then plug the ipad into the computer and then boot into windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by _174Imbored, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Can i use a ipad as a boot disk

can you download windows 10 on a ipad and then plug the ipad into the computer and then boot into windows

:)

_174Imbored, Feb 4, 2020
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Suupala Win User
    Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Can i use a ipad as a boot disk

How to make a flash drive boot disk?

I still suggest Ultimate Boot CD, I have the link a few posts back. You can boot to DOS and run the flashing utilities right off your hard disk, it's safer too because you don't have to worry about a corrupt floppy.

Polaris573, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Can i use a ipad as a boot disk

1. Can i use a ipad as a boot disk - Similar Threads - ipad boot disk

2. Can I use a boot disk without a windows password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a boot disk without a windows password?: Was trying to solve high system power usage problem and disabled windows systems in msconfig window. Now when I restart I get the "pin not found" error message and can't log in. When I go to bios startup, every repair option asks for a windows password but it doesn't work...
  3. Can I use a boot disk without a windows password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a boot disk without a windows password?: Was trying to solve high system power usage problem and disabled windows systems in msconfig window. Now when I restart I get the "pin not found" error message and can't log in. When I go to bios startup, every repair option asks for a windows password but it doesn't work...
  4. Can I use a boot disk without a windows password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Can I download and use windows 10 on my ipad 9th gen?

Can I download and use windows 10 on my ipad 9th gen?: Can I download and use windows 10 on my iPad 9th generation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-and-use-windows-10-on-my-ipad-9th/b6d1e626-25c3-442b-8bc4-776e13da27bb
  6. Can I download and use windows 10 on my ipad 9th gen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I download and use windows 10 on my ipad 9th gen?: Can I download and use windows 10 on my iPad 9th generation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-and-use-windows-10-on-my-ipad-9th/b6d1e626-25c3-442b-8bc4-776e13da27bb
  7. Can I sell a windows boot disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I sell a windows boot disk?: I have an Ebay store that sells recycled tech equipment. Recently somebody asked me if I could sell them a Windows boot disk. Is this legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-a-windows-boot-disk/d102717f-504e-444c-86a0-deae3018d33d
  8. Can I sell a windows boot disk?

Can I sell a windows boot disk?: I have an Ebay store that sells recycled tech equipment. Recently somebody asked me if I could sell them a Windows boot disk. Is this legal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-sell-a-windows-boot-disk/d102717f-504e-444c-86a0-deae3018d33d
  9. Can I upgrade my boot disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I upgrade my boot disk?: I have a PC where the boot disk is about a third of the size of my secondary disk, is there any way to upgrade the boot disk, or replace it if it starts to run down, without buying a new copy of Windows? 1TB base/3TB base if anyone was wondering. actually maybe I shouldn't...
  10. Emergency boot disk use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emergency boot disk use: I have a Dell all in one that I made an emergency boot disk for when new. It hasn't been booting on hard drive so I have been using said disk. It doesn/t boot every time but once in a while. What do i need to do to get it to boot off C:? again. Oh, also I am not a computer...