Windows 10: Can i use a Laptop as a modem?

Discus and support Can i use a Laptop as a modem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Laptop which is connected with the internet via WLAN. My PC has no WLAN and I have no LAN-Cable long enough for my new room. Can i connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/garciiia, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Can i use a Laptop as a modem?

I have a Laptop which is connected with the internet via WLAN.

My PC has no WLAN and I have no LAN-Cable long enough for my new room. Can i connect the Laptop with my PC and let my PC connect via the Laptops WLAN to the internet?

submitted by /u/garciiia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/garciiia, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

HSPA USB Modem

Hi,

To find out more about the modem issues that you’re experiencing after installing Creators Update, we just have a few questions for you:

• Can your laptop still detect the modem when you plug it in?

• What's the make and model of your laptop?

• What's the make and model of your USB modem?

• Is the modem plug-and-play or do you have to install a separate software to make it work?

• Do you receive an error message? If yes, please post a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which network driver is on your laptop?

Note: To check the network drivers on your device, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Device Manager.

• Click the drop-down arrow under Network Adapter.

We look forward to your response.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Darren Win User
    Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Apr 23, 2020
  4. darcyn Win User

Can i use a Laptop as a modem?

Which Models have fax modems?

I'm looking for a list of phones which have Fax modems that I can use to connect to a laptop.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Nick

darcyn, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Can i use a Laptop as a modem?

1. Can i use a Laptop as a modem? - Similar Threads - Laptop modem

2. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop: Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop...
  3. my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop always requires me to reboot modem in order to connect to wifi: please advise how to resolve issue about having to reboot modem every time I want to connect my laptop to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-always-requires-me-to-reboot-modem-in/ae42d1cc-51a7-4eda-956a-f53adcf15d30
  4. How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?: I'm driving an Inspiron 7390 2in1 i7-10510U and I am wondering how I would use my cell phone as a calling modem for my laptop through USB for dialer.exe? Any answers?...
  5. WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network

WiFi modem gets disrupted when laptop joins our WiFi network: Lately I am having a lot of trouble with my WiFi connection: out of the blue it just drops, the signal is gone on every device, and the modem needs 10 minutes to reset itself completely. I am starting to think this has something to do with the connection of a specific laptop...
  6. I will not have my internet modem for a while, is it possible to make my laptop an internet...

I will not have my internet modem for a while, is it possible to make my laptop an internet...: Due to some circumstances, my internet modem/router will not be with me for some time, but my internet subscribtion is still going, so is there a way I can make my laptop a wireless modem until I get the actual modem back?...
  7. Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem: I only have a Dell network driver to run at 2.4ghz . Is there a driver available for 5 GHZ. I have no problem accessing 5GHZ connection from my cellphone...
  8. My modem Telkomosel QUACOMM 4G lte doesn't work on My HP window 10 laptop

My modem Telkomosel QUACOMM 4G lte doesn't work on My HP window 10 laptop: My modem is not working on my computer and other computers and it is disheartening I already read many things on it These are the steps I took already Installed latest driver Changed LAN Don't even suggest any cmd or command prompt stuff, tried many all to no avail...
  9. My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem

My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem: My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS...
  10. Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED: I have a (ZTE) USB modem that I use to connect to the internet over the mobile/cell phone network. Since "upgrading" my laptop to Win 10 Creators edition, I have not been able to launch a connection. The (telstra) dialling app returns "The modem (or other connecting device)...