Windows 10: Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?

Discus and support Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Finally have my laptop back to where it was with 10240, which was online updated from 7 Pro x64. I obtained a multi-language iso of 1511 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Galane, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?

Finally have my laptop back to where it was with 10240, which was online updated from 7 Pro x64.

I obtained a multi-language iso of 1511 and attempted to use it to do the update but got a clean install, which I had to manually undo by moving everything from Windows.old to replace the new stuff. Booted off a special Win 10 DVD, add .BAK to the new, move the old, reboot. It works! It also doesn't allow the .BAK files and folders to be deleted, reboot from the DVD just to delete them all.

So now, is there a way to make the multi-language ISO UPDATE my 10240 install and leave all my files and apps where they are? If there isn't, is there a way to download just the update installer, onto a different PC, put it on a USB or disc then install it? Or how about an ISO that will update, preferably a real direct link or torrent because I only have a 1.5 meg DSL link.

Due to 10's networking bugginess, I can't run the MCT on the laptop to download the latest Pro/Home x64 single language US English ISO. When I ran it on Windows 7 a couple of days ago it got the 10240 ISO, which did go through all the motions of "updating" but of course still left me with 10240, I'll need to check to see if it 'gifted' me with all the junk bloatware I'd removed.

:)

Galane, Jul 13, 2016

2. How to upgrade to a higher edition of Windows 10 such as Pro or Enterprise

My new HP laptop came with "Windows 10 Home Single Language" installed. If I upgrade this, will the new OS be "Windows 10 Pro Single Language"? or will it be a multi-language version? I need multi-language capability.

--

Bob

Opinicus34973, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Queries regarding Windows 10 Pro Open License

Hi Guys

We have a number of XP Professional Multi-language systems which we wish to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional by purchasing the Windows 10 Professional Upgrade Open License.

My reseller informs me that only Windows 10 Professional Upgrade Single Language license is available as an Open License offering.

My questions:

1) Is there a Windows 10 Professional Multi Language upgrade Open License option available?

2) If not, can I add additional languages to the Single Language Open License upgrade?

I need 3 languages on these PCs. Why would I upgrade from a multi language Pro OS to a single language Pro OS?

This doesn't sound right to me. There must be an option where I can purchase Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Multi Language upgrade Open Licenses?

Anyone know what the product code is for a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Multi Language Open License is?

Thanks

Regards

Pete

Original title:Windows 10 Pro Open License

PJWilson1960, Jul 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Please run winver (Windows key + R to open run dialog, then enter winver) and post results here.

Then open a "run as administrator" command prompt and run:
    slmgr /dlv

Post those results here. With those results we can tell you what the proper Windows 10 version is to download and install. Examples of my results that we are looking for:

Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 Single Language can only be upgraded with Single Language install media.

I just tested MCT downloading Windows 10 Single Language EN-GB ISO and mounted it on my system to check the version. It is TH2 version 1511 build 10586:

Just use MCT to download it and upgrade, 10240 Single Language will be upgraded to 10586 Single Language.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Notice in his OP, though, he says he upgraded from Windows 7 Pro x64. As far as I know, there is no Single Language Edition Pro. Single Language Edition only comes in Home version.

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    There is a dilemma, yes. I cannot understand how Windows 7 Pro has become Windows 10 Single Language, but if thread title is correct and OP really is running Windows 10 Single Language, then upgrading with MCT or ISO created with MCT will work.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

And that is why I requested the winver and license status. Something is not adding up.

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  9. Kari Win User
    Exactly.

My point is and was that if / when OP is running Build 10240 Single Language, it can be upgraded to TH version 1511 Single Language using MCT.

10. Galane Win User
    Gave up on that and it's now in the process of doing the Upgrade option using MCT.

Had to disable the Ethernet and Bluetooth and uncheck connect automatically on all the other WiFi connections (which are all secure so Windows should not be attempting to connect to them without having the passwords). The WiFi hasn't switched to Limited so it looks like hobbling it to only one possible way of connecting to any network has forced it to do what it should do.

Galane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install? - Similar Threads - multi lang DVD

2. How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro: My dad bought a PC for me and it in Spanish i don't know if I can get a multi language version of windows 11 or I should just downgrade to windows 10...
  3. How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade from windows 11 single language to Multi-language not pro: My dad bought a PC for me and it in Spanish i don't know if I can get a multi language version of windows 11 or I should just downgrade to windows 10...
  4. Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?: I have some applications and games that don't allow me to manually change the language and instead will always default to windows' default display language. I need a way to mantain my system language the same (Italian) while making these specific applications use English....
  5. How can I install Windows 10 Home Single Language?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I install Windows 10 Home Single Language?: My HDD crashed, so I switched to a SSD. How can I download and install the Windows10 Home Single Language which I have a digital License for. Please help....
  6. Single language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single language: Hello all, I purchased a single language PC in error thinking it would be easy to change the language. Mistake. it was a windows 8 edition, so I purchased a new OS in English, Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM. success all in English except on occasion and particularly in...
  7. Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive: Hi, My son prefers to work in a right-to-left Hebrew environment and keeps switching the language to Hebrew on HIS computer, which apparently has an affect on MY computer, which I prefer to use in an English-language, left-to-right environment. How do I prevent his language...
  8. Can you use Windows iso to install windows 10 home single language ?

Can you use Windows iso to install windows 10 home single language ?: My friend want to clean install his laptop and when i check his windows is Windows 10 Home Single Language. I still have ISO from MCT in my flash drive. Can i use this iso to install Windows 10 Home Single Language ? 139222
  9. Activate single language edition with multi language key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate single language edition with multi language key?: I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current...
  10. How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10

How do I tell whether I have single or multi-language version of WIN10: I just upgraded a 32 bit win10 home machine from 1607 to 1703 and, to say the least, is didn't go very well. The upgrade was done by MS auto download and it left some files in the system store corrupted so DISM is useless to restore the store. To fix it, I downloaded a 1703...