Windows 10: Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

Discus and support Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I gained a virus and i want to clean install everything. I forgot my USB pen drive at home and cannot go get right now. I have 2 SSD's on my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ruben_Eduardo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

I gained a virus and i want to clean install everything. I forgot my USB pen drive at home and cannot go get right now. I have 2 SSD's on my computer, one is Drive C: (Windows in currently on there) and Drive DCan i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive? :( Fully formated drive). Can i put the Windows 10 installtion from the Microsoft website on the Drive D: SSD and do a clean install of Drive C:? Sort of like the SSD is acting as the USB. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Ruben_Eduardo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ruben_Eduardo, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

System restore and secondary drives

So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do a system restore can I do it without wiping out the secondary drive? How would I go about doing it? Step by step. What would happen to the program's installed on there after the restore?

Thank you.

Arily, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

1. Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive? - Similar Threads - secondary SSD bootable

2. How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?: in short: How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?In more detail:I have an m.2 drive dedicated for Windows, browser and various installed programs. This drive one day stopped booting.I spent considerable amount of time...
  3. How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?: in short: How can I restore the bootability of a drive, using the windows install of a separate drive?In more detail:I have an m.2 drive dedicated for Windows, browser and various installed programs. This drive one day stopped booting.I spent considerable amount of time...
  4. Can I use the empty space on my bootable USB drives for storage?

Can I use the empty space on my bootable USB drives for storage?: Hi Long story. But I suddenly find myself urgently needing some disk storage but without the chance to get hold of new hardware. I have several USB flash (SSD) drives which are either emergency/bootable disks for 1) Windows 10 disc image / create installation media or2)...
  5. Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I install Windows FROM a secondary SSD: Currently my laptop boots windows from a 120gb m.2 drive and has a secondary 500gb data drive. Can I put the W10 iso file on the data drive, upgrade my m.2 drive and then do a fresh install on the new drive? submitted by /u/ashep5 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can I just have ONE partition for a secondary drive (SSD)?

Can I just have ONE partition for a secondary drive (SSD)?: I'd like to use this old SSD as a secondary drive. It used to be my boot drive a long time ago so it seems to have retained the partitioning. (see screenshot) [img] Is there a way to collapse all these partitions and just have one since I'm using it as an externally...
  7. Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?: I there, I have concerns about installing windows 10 on a new pc. I formatted my SSD with the intention of booting from it on a new pc, is it possible to do this? Can I use the Windows MediaCreationTool on my SSD and then remove it from my pc and boot from it on my new pc?...
  8. SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?

SSD Compatibility - can I use this type of SSD?: Hi I was hoping to purchase a Samsung 860 EVO M.2 SATA 1TB SSD for my Laptop alongside the current HDD however, I was just wanting to confirm whether the SSD is in fact compatible. I am 99% sure that it is I just want to make sure prior to buying it. Images of the M.2 slot...
  9. How to use secondary hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use secondary hard drive?: Hi guys. First post here. I recently (two days ago as of this post) received my new PC. My primary hard drive has about 230GB of storage, whereas my secondary hard drive has roughly 980GB. I was wondering if someone could please help me and tell me how I can boot my new...
  10. Can I add folders to a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I add folders to a bootable USB drive: Thank you for the clarification.