Windows 10: Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently found myself needing to use Hyper-V, a feature which is only available in Windows 10 Pro. I was wondering, if I were to upgrade to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nevin1901, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Nevin1901 Win User

Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?

Hello, I recently found myself needing to use Hyper-V, a feature which is only available in Windows 10 Pro. I was wondering, if I were to upgrade to windows 10 pro, would I need to buy a separate digital license, or would I just be fine with the one I bought off of the Microsoft Store?

The version of Windows I was using when I bought the Digital License from the Microsoft Store was Windows 10 Home.

Thanks, Nevin

:)

Nevin1901, Sep 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro? windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro?

1. Can I use a Windows 10 Home Digital License to activate Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Home Digital License

2. No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.: No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.VNX4T-BFJHJ-DKV6T-KH87X-TF4DB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-activate-windows-10-pro-digital-license/27dd9343-0506-49e4-b133-33440fa227b5
  3. No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.: No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.VNX4T-BFJHJ-DKV6T-KH87X-TF4DB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-activate-windows-10-pro-digital-license/27dd9343-0506-49e4-b133-33440fa227b5
  4. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license: HelloI'm having trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on an Acer laptop. The laptop has a Windows 10 Home embedded key, so activation is automatic after a full reinstall. But I bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro confirmed to be genuine and when I try and install it on the laptop it...
  5. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license: HelloI'm having trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on an Acer laptop. The laptop has a Windows 10 Home embedded key, so activation is automatic after a full reinstall. But I bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro confirmed to be genuine and when I try and install it on the laptop it...
  6. Activating Windows 10 Pro on a laptop with 10 Home digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License: Hi, I am using PC with genuine Windows 7 Pro. I have change the HDD of the PC to SSD and reactivate the windows to Windows 10 Pro using the installer that I download from windows installation media tool- https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 . I click I...
  8. Windows 10 home activation with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home activation with digital license: I had a genuine windows 7 which was migrated to windows 10 home automatically and linked with Microsoft with digital license. RAM was 2 GB. But recently I had made a change of RAM to 6GB, and inserted 120 GB SSD on CD rom drive by a service centre. The service centre told me...
  9. Windows Home to Pro using Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Home to Pro using Digital License: Hi, all. Last month, I upgraded my HP laptop from Home to Pro, and received a digital license. I've since had to switch computers, and bought a new ASUS laptop. I removed Pro from the HP, but cannot apply the digital license to the ASUS. There's no way to troubleshoot or...
  10. Activating Windows 10 pro using digital license - Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 pro using digital license - Issues: I recently bought a brand new PC, and I got windows 10 pro installed (unactivated version) and I was told that I can transfer my digital license 1-time for free. I am struggling to follow the steps, and when I go to activation troubleshooting, it still picks up my old PC. Is...