Windows 10: Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...

Discus and support Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I dont mind losing the benefits of Windows 10 Pro but I just need to know if I am going to have to reinstall Windows. submitted by /u/Gonzalo1709... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gonzalo1709, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...

I dont mind losing the benefits of Windows 10 Pro but I just need to know if I am going to have to reinstall Windows.

submitted by /u/Gonzalo1709
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gonzalo1709, Dec 24, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 24, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Dec 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running...

1. Can I use a Windows 10 Home key to activate a computer that is currently running... - Similar Threads - Home key activate

2. Can you use a Windows 11 Home activation key to download Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use a Windows 11 Home activation key to download Windows 10 Home?: If you can, how do you find the Windows 11 Home key on the laptop?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-a-windows-11-home-activation-key-to/4043604b-1904-466f-b74f-5be6c97b9d4f
  3. Can you use a Windows 11 Home activation key to download Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use a Windows 11 Home activation key to download Windows 10 Home?: If you can, how do you find the Windows 11 Home key on the laptop?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-a-windows-11-home-activation-key-to/4043604b-1904-466f-b74f-5be6c97b9d4f
  4. Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a Windows 10 Home OEM activation key on Windows 10 Home N?: I recently bought new motherboard and CPU and reinstalled Windows 10 Home N on it and need to activate it now. I wanted to buy an oem version to spare some money, but I'm not sure about the importance of the 'N' part. Does the oem version have to be home N or can I just buy...
  5. Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?: Title. submitted by /u/glez_fdezdavila_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8rnln/can_i_use_windows_10_without_activating_a_key/
  6. how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do i activate windows 10 on a new computer without using the key currently connected to...: I am going to build a new desktop computer soon, i allready have a laptop with windows 10 activated with a retail key, which is connected to my account. i am wondering if i can disconnect my microsoft account from the windows key on my laptop, and then connect a new key to my...
  7. Can I activate Home N with Home key?

Can I activate Home N with Home key?: As far as I see Win 10 Home N has media player and other useless features not included and i want to go with it. But I can't find from where to buy key for this version? Does the Home version key works with the Home N? I'm from Europe....
  8. Can I download and activate Windows 10 Home using a Windows 10 Pro key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I download and activate Windows 10 Home using a Windows 10 Pro key?: submitted by /u/Pizzapeter1998 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxwkzw/can_i_download_and_activate_windows_10_home_using/
  9. Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer: Blue screen options do nothing. I have no recovery disk. Can I download a recovery disk from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-from-another-computer-to/643f6ad6-5a85-491d-9e3f-efee3d86376f
  10. Can i Use one activation key from home to pro on multiple computers.

Can i Use one activation key from home to pro on multiple computers.: Hi, i want to install a software which need to be run on windows 10 pro, i want to purchase an activation key, and use it on multiple computers. is it possible?...