Windows 10: Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, My 5 y-o Desktop pc with Win 7 is becoming decidedly slow and getting the odd freeze-up, etc. Despite being a long-term fan of Win 7, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurDent, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?

Hi folks,

My 5 y-o Desktop pc with Win 7 is becoming decidedly slow and getting the odd freeze-up, etc. Despite being a long-term fan of Win 7, I've fallen out of love with it, so rather than re-install Win 7, I have decided to move the desktop pc over to Win 10 and I have bought a Win 10 Pro disk.

I recently upgraded the HDD of the Win 7 pc to a 5TB Toshiba X300 only to find that Win 7 can only see 2TB.

Will the new OS be able to see and use all 5TB of the disk?

Cheers,

Art

:)

ArthurDent, Jun 17, 2020
  2. D Simpson Win User

Windows not recognizing WD 5TB hard drive

i replaced a WD 500 GB hard drive with a 5TB WD Black using system image in Windows 10 on a Lenovo M91P.

disk management "sees" the additional space but I'm unable to access it. In other words, they system is behaving as if the old hard drive is still there. I simply want to expand the C drive to use all the available space. Thanks.

D Simpson, Jun 17, 2020
  3. D Simpson Win User
    Windows not recognizing WD 5TB hard drive

Thank you for the prompt reply. I tried the steps you suggested, but it looks like I will have to try to convert the disk to a GPT format. I don't know how to do that. All I have on the system are Windows 10 and the Lenovo recovery partition.

D Simpson, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Andy Dorr Win User

Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?

5TB hard drive not found in windows 10. But the 5TB can be seen and works in windows 7.

I have a 5TB seagate hard drive that works great in windows 7. This same drive does not show up in windows 10. I went back to windows 7 to just double check the drive works. I found once again that the 5 tb hard drive still works great!. There seems to
    be a problem with windows 10 and 5TB hard drives. I have already talked with tech support and they don't have an answer for this yet. I tried removing the hard drive drivers from device manager as well. Sadly that didn't work at all. I also tried updating
    the driver and that failed as well. I have a 6 core 3 ghz pc with 12 gbs of ram at 1866 speed. My main OS is on an SSD. If you need more information please ask.

Andy Dorr, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?

1. Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - 5TB Hard Disk

2. Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?: It happens that my PC had a hardware problem so it had to get repaired, so I backed up the info into a system image in an external drive before sending him for repair. Now that I got him back he is brand new, fully formatted and upgraded to Windows 11,Now I just wanted to...
  3. Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I simply replace all my files from a hard disk image?: It happens that my PC had a hardware problem so it had to get repaired, so I backed up the info into a system image in an external drive before sending him for repair. Now that I got him back he is brand new, fully formatted and upgraded to Windows 11,Now I just wanted to...
  4. Can I remove Windows from hard disk and use bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I remove Windows from hard disk and use bootable USB?: Hey... My computer is very low on memory and most of it is taken by windows. Can I completely remove windows from my computer and use only a bootable USB to run the OS in order to free some space on hard disk? Windows version: 1909 (18363.1016) 163471
  5. Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use all of 5TB Hard Disk with Windows 10?: Hi folks, My 5 y-o Desktop pc with Win 7 is becoming decidedly slow and getting the odd freeze-up, etc. Despite being a long-term fan of Win 7, I've fallen out of love with it, so rather than re-install Win 7, I have decided to move the desktop pc over to Win 10 and I have...
  6. Hard disk in windows 10

Hard disk in windows 10: While going through system log after memory diagnostic I found error " hard disk has bad block". Can it be repaired? If yes how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-in-windows-10/66d88367-38b2-4001-b15b-75e5bd75d779
  7. Windows 10 using 100% of disk at all times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 using 100% of disk at all times: Hello. When I open task manager, disk usage is 100 almost every time. Sometimes it settles down, but still having some weird peaks (for example, it stays at 3%, then suddenly jumps to 70%, then goes back down, then jumps to 80%, and so on), and it always peaks to 100 again...
  8. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk at 100% all the time: Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading updates, it puts the hdd at 100% of use, and makes my computer useless. I have another computer with an ssd and of course this...
  9. Can I use a 4TB hard drive in a disk caddy to backup?

Can I use a 4TB hard drive in a disk caddy to backup?: Hi, I'm currently using a 2TB hard in a disk caddy to backup (with EaseUs software) using incremental backups but my disk is getting full (I have a lot of graphics and video files). I'm thinking of buying a 4TB hard drive to use in the caddy - I use a caddy so I can keep my...
  10. Can I use a 4TB hard drive in a disk caddy to backup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use a 4TB hard drive in a disk caddy to backup?: Hi, I'm currently using a 2TB hard in a disk caddy to backup (with EaseUs software) using incremental backups which works fine but my disk is getting full (I have a lot of graphics and video files). I've read that Win 10 can't 'see' more than 2TB, and so a 4TB drive would...