Windows 10: Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still...

Discus and support Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am planning on upgrading my PC, by moving all the parts to a new mother board, and want to make sure I can use the same SSD, that I already have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo21723, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still...

I am planning on upgrading my PC, by moving all the parts to a new mother board, and want to make sure I can use the same SSD, that I already have Windows 10 on, so I don't have to install it again. Will this work or not? I want to make sure I don't break anything. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Snoo21723
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snoo21723, Feb 23, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 23, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still...

1. Can I use an SSD with Windows 10 already installed on a new motherboard, and it will still... - Similar Threads - SSD already installed

2. How can I install Windows 10 on a NVMe SSD on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I install Windows 10 on a NVMe SSD on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I don't know what kind of drivers or what kind of settings I need to use. I've tried using the Intel VMD drivers but it said "No signed device drivers were found" even though it is on the correct USB drive. I am NOT able to add a new partition and I cant find anything on the...
  3. How can I install Windows 10 on a NVMe SSD on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I install Windows 10 on a NVMe SSD on a Gigabyte motherboard?: I don't know what kind of drivers or what kind of settings I need to use. I've tried using the Intel VMD drivers but it said "No signed device drivers were found" even though it is on the correct USB drive. I am NOT able to add a new partition and I cant find anything on the...
  4. How can I install Windows 10 on a NVMe SSD on a Gigabyte motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?: Hello, my Gigabyte motherboard died and I will have to replace it with another but newer Gigabyte motherboard. I have Windows 10 64 bit installed on a hardrive which I plan to keep and use with the new build. I do not plan to boot from that drive but from a new 1 terabyte...
  6. Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already: I had windows installed on an ssd and i exchanged the motherboard for another one. i rebuilt my pc with the new mobo and it wouldn’t load past bios despite not wiping my ssd. i put my usb key with windows on it to reinstall it and it asked me which partition to install it...
  7. Same SSD Used for a new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same SSD Used for a new motherboard?: Recently I used two Windows 10 licenses to install 32-bit and 64-bit separately on two SSDs, but now the motherboard just failed. Windows licenses seemed to be valid for the SSD/HDD installed on only. If I replaced the motherboard only from a different manufacturer but...
  8. Upgrading to new motherboard but already have windows on old ssd

Upgrading to new motherboard but already have windows on old ssd: If I upgrade to a new motherboard, would it be fine if I just connect my old ssd to it and boot windows from there or would there be complications? submitted by /u/Rocketmanjoey [link] [comments]...
  9. Is Their A Windows 10 OS Installed Already On The Motherboard ?

Is Their A Windows 10 OS Installed Already On The Motherboard ?: Hello,I Was Just Thinking That If Their Is Already A Win10 OS Flashed In The MoBo Because It Say's In Amazon's Product Description (Windows10 64bit) And Also From An Official Seller With High Ratings The MoBo's Model Name Is Asus TUF B450M Gaming Plus Thank You ! submitted...
  10. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD with new Motherboard: Hello everyone, I'm getting new Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-ZA170 Gaming K3-EU) and new SSD (SanDisk 120GB) tommorow. I've had Windows 10 x64 installed on my HDD until now and I'm planning to clean install it onto my SSD and remove it from HDD and use my HDD for pictures,...