Windows 10: Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?

Discus and support Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use Home and I'm wanting to encrypt my disk. I don't have money to buy Pro and eBay keys are shady for me to trust. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/complexramification, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?

I use Home and I'm wanting to encrypt my disk. I don't have money to buy Pro and eBay keys are shady for me to trust.

submitted by /u/complexramification
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/complexramification, Jul 17, 2020
  2. sam9 Win User

How to Use Bitlocker on Only Non System Drive and without TPM

I want to use Bitlocker on my Non System E Drive without TPM. I read somewhere to do the following for without TPM:

" Under Local Computer Policy navigate to Computer Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Bit Locker Drive Encryption \ Operating System Drives and double click on Require additional authentication at startup." and so on.

but I am confused because the above note is mentioning "Operating System Drives " wherein I want to turn on Bitlocker on Non System Drive.

Can we turn bitlocker "on" on Non System Drives without turning it "on" on System Drives and Can we turn it "on" on
    a Single Folder instead of Drive.

Please advise step by step.

3. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?

Bitlocker without TPM

You can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which includes BitLocker without performing a clean install.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation

Click the link ‘Go to the store to upgrade or enter a product key’

Click the $99 button to make your purchase (the price might vary by region or depending on the edition you are upgrading from or upgrading to).

Follow the on screen instructions to make your purchase.

Within 5 to 10 minutes, your system will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, your personal files, apps and settings preserved.

You won’t get a product key, you get a digital license, which is attached to your Microsoft Account used to make the purchase.

After upgrading, follow these steps to enable BitLocker without TPM:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-bitlocker-...

Andre for Directly, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?

1. Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows? - Similar Threads - BitLocker without activating

2. Can I use Windows 11 on VMware without activating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows 11 on VMware without activating?: Hi, I have a simple question. I know you can use Windows 10/11 without activating. You just can't Personalize. I don't want to change the Background anyways. Or turn on Dark Mode. So, I'm fine with not Personalizing. My question is, can I use Windows 10/11 on a Virtual...
  3. Can I use Windows 11 on VMware without activating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use Windows 11 on VMware without activating?: Hi, I have a simple question. I know you can use Windows 10/11 without activating. You just can't Personalize. I don't want to change the Background anyways. Or turn on Dark Mode. So, I'm fine with not Personalizing. My question is, can I use Windows 10/11 on a Virtual...
  4. Can I use Windows 10 LTSC without activation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows 10 LTSC without activation?: Windows 10 support is nearing. Can I install Windows 10 LTSC on my existing computer & use it without activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-10-ltsc-without-activation/71ac059c-2a55-4d26-ab37-66632ad25bc7
  5. Can I use Windows 10 LTSC without activation?

Can I use Windows 10 LTSC without activation?: Windows 10 support is nearing. Can I install Windows 10 LTSC on my existing computer & use it without activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-10-ltsc-without-activation/71ac059c-2a55-4d26-ab37-66632ad25bc7
  6. Can I use Windows 10 LTSC without activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  8. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  9. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

10. Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?: Title. submitted by /u/glez_fdezdavila_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8rnln/can_i_use_windows_10_without_activating_a_key/