Windows 10: Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10?

Discus and support Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I tried to log into my Windows 10 laptop today, I had trouble because the Internet provider problem getting online. Can I set up this computer to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anonymous714, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10?

When I tried to log into my Windows 10 laptop today, I had trouble because the Internet provider problem getting online. Can I set up this computer to give me a choice of Microsoft account or my local password each time I log onto Windows 10?

I have a similar choice with my other Windows 10 laptop where I usually use the fingerprint scan and if that's acting up, I simply select the password option for that computer to logon right then.

It seems logical to allow either in case of internet problems.

Thanks

:)

Anonymous714, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10?

local password

Hi AJ,

In order to sign in with your local password, you need to set your computer to sign in with your local account instead of your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your account.
    • In the right pane, click the option Sign in with a local account instead.
    • To confirm that you authorize the changes, enter the password for your Microsoft account, then hit
      Next.
    • On the Switch to a local account page, input your local user name and password.
    • Click Next to sign out from your Microsoft account and sign back in using your local account.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10?

1. Can I use both Microsoft and local passwords fro Win 10? - Similar Threads - both Microsoft local

2. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  3. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  4. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Using same password for both Local Admin and Standard accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using same password for both Local Admin and Standard accounts?: Hi everyone! Just need some user account advise here. -I am the only person using my machine and no one else. -Machine is a Standalone meaning it is not domain-joined. -Running BitLocker full encryption with TPM and PIN -User account lockout after failed password attempts...
  6. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  7. What DOC. can I use with both Win 7 and Win 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What DOC. can I use with both Win 7 and Win 10?: My Doc. are all in Word from my Win 7 Laptop. Now I need to open them in my new Desktop that runs on win 10. So now I can't read the gibberish on the Word doc. when I open in in the win 10 computer. Is there a way to fix this so I can access these?...
  8. Quality Updates fro Win 10 Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quality Updates fro Win 10 Version 1903: Hi there, for those that have successfully installed and running the May 2019 Win 10 Version 1903 Update, has anyone have more than these Quality/ Cumulative Updates? 1.Cumulative Update for Win 10 version 1903 for x64-based system ( KB4497935 ) 2. Cumulative Update for...
  9. Can I use a Fingerprint Security Reader with NO Win 10 Password?

Can I use a Fingerprint Security Reader with NO Win 10 Password?: My wife wanted me to look into Fingerprint Scanners and I see a KByte Fingerprint Security Reader for $12. People have said that on 64 bit Win 10 Pro no drivers are needed and that they are built in to the OS. But, can we add this to only use with LastPass without having a...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...