Windows 10: Can I use DBAN, then OKR?

Discus and support Can I use DBAN, then OKR? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having weird issues with this laptop. Tried clean install, re-install, basically everything. Now I'm planning to use DBAN to wipe the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Can I use DBAN, then OKR?

I'm having weird issues with this laptop. Tried clean install, re-install, basically everything.

Now I'm planning to use DBAN to wipe the entire HDD and install Windows using OKR (One key recovery).

Should I or not?

:)

CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016

2. preparing automatic repair, blank screen

The way I fixed this problem is that i used a bootable usb stick with "DBAN". DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke) is like an OS with which you can erase your hard drives. I used DBAN to erase my hard drive
    clean and then used a bootable Windows 10 usb stick to reinstall Windows. This will erase everything on your computer...but it works. I had no choice, I have tried everything to recover my Windows but with no success before this. Hope this helps.

I have done this on a Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBD

EmanuelMuresan, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Can I re-install Windows 10 after DBAN?

Hi,

I want to completely wipe my hard drive i.e. Guttmann style, using DBAN software, and am wondering if it will still be possible to install W10 for free after I do this? And if this is possible, could someone provide step-by-step on the best way to do this?
    I don't want any pirate OS, please, legit way only.

I know W10 was a free upgrade to W7, W8.1 users but with no operating system on the hard drive, I was wondering if this would stop me getting W10 back for free.

I am currently using X64 W10.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

Chris__Munday, Jul 26, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Can I use DBAN, then OKR?

I assume okr is a proprietary recovery system (Lenovo have something like it).

You really do not need to use dban. Just delete all partitions from a windows 10 installation drive.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  5. So DBAN is a no? Hmm

What's the difference between DBAN and partition deletion?

CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Stephanie Win User
    Hi I have used DBAN many times it will totally erase the contents of any hard disk it can detect and a great tool *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    DBAN nukes deleted data so it cannot be recovered - useful when selling pc for example.

Waste of time really when just reinstalling OS. Old data cannot affect the install.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Stephanie Win User

DBAN is also very effective if the Hard Drive is Infected that could affect an Install.

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  9. So I take your final word and gonna do it. Just to recap: DBAN, then OKR?

CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Stephanie Win User
    I would only use DBAN if you want to completely erase the Drive.

If I had a problem Drive I would use DBAN then perform a Clean Install *Smile

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  11. Yes, I want to because of many conflicts. OKR factory resets. So, basically, on a clean drive, it'd be good.

CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016
  12. Stephanie Win User
    Do remember DBAN erasers everything so if you do use it you will be starting from scratch, good luck *Smile

Note: if your system has multi Drives disconnect all but the one you want to erase as DBAN LOOKS for Drives.

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

Hold on - if you image is on drive, dban wipes that as well doesn't it? You would need image on another drive.

cereberus, Jul 26, 2016
  14. Can I use DBAN, then OKR? [​IMG]

CandleJakk, Jul 26, 2016
  15. Stephanie Win User
    Do you intend to use recovery or a clean install ?

Stephanie, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Can I use DBAN, then OKR? - Similar Threads - DBAN OKR

2. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely?[Original Title: DBAN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shall-i-use-dban-to-wipe-computer/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  3. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely?[Original Title: DBAN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shall-i-use-dban-to-wipe-computer/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  4. Shall I use DBAN to wipe computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. DBAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  6. DBAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN: Should I use DBAN to wipe my computer completely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/d02270aa-07c0-468c-be5a-1f6568b04b0c
  7. DBAN

8. DBAN

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DBAN: After I use Dban on my PC deleting everything, can I get windows back again on my computer with a USB stick that has Windows downloaded on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dban/621265ef-112b-49f0-8d85-77f34e12b9e5
  9. Weird Virus that stayed on my pc even after formatting and using DBAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Virus that stayed on my pc even after formatting and using DBAN: So i have this weird problem probably a virus, that survived a restore and a hdd DBAN and even installing windows from another clean pc, basically the virus changes my ip adress to an adress from czech and when i looked for it its blacklisted from many websites and i noticed...
  10. DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?

DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?: My mother has an old laptop which is very slow running Win10 with Bitlocker encryption. I set it up for her in the past. She wants to get rid of it. If the drive is encrypted, do I still need to wipe the data using DBAN? The hard drive is an IDE drive, not SSD. 156381