Windows 10: Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

Discus and support Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down)... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by shiva1401, Mar 15, 2019.

1. shiva1401 Win User

Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?

:)

shiva1401, Mar 15, 2019

2. Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 15, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

1. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop? - Similar Threads - different password Microsoft

2. I forgot my administrator password on my desktop computer not my Microsoft account password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my administrator password on my desktop computer not my Microsoft account password...: I forgot the administrator password on desktop computer not my Microsoft account password is there a way to either reset it or find out what it is? Upon installing the latest windows 10 update my computer isn’t booting up. It says in order to uninstall the update I need to...
  3. I forgot my administrator password on my desktop computer not my Microsoft account password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my administrator password on my desktop computer not my Microsoft account password...: I forgot the administrator password on desktop computer not my Microsoft account password is there a way to either reset it or find out what it is? Upon installing the latest windows 10 update my computer isn’t booting up. It says in order to uninstall the update I need to...
  4. I forgot my administrator password on my desktop computer not my Microsoft account password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...: I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of sync - Machine 1 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account using old Password - We'll call this Password AAfter some time, I...
  6. My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Account password is different to the local user password. Can I update the...: I have a couple of windows machines on my network, and it seems that by updating my Microsoft Account password, these credentials have become out of sync - Machine 1 - completed setup using my Microsoft Account using old Password - We'll call this Password AAfter some time, I...
  7. If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i sign in to a friends microsoft account can she see my passwords?: Hi, a friend of mine have a gamepass on her microsoft account so she gave me her login so i can play some games on my pc, i logged in to her account on microsoft store and my windows account changed to hers, also my browser Edge started syncing passwords and bookmarks somehow...
  8. I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account but I forgot the password to my...: I am trying to sign in to my laptop using my microsoft account, and I'm at the stage where it asks for the computer password. However, I've set up a PIN and I've been using a PIN for roughly a year now. Is there any way to recover the password without resetting the computer?...
  9. set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password: Problem = my startup password is now the same as my Microsoft Account Password. This is to me a SECURITY issue. Solution I am looking for = how to set my startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password....
  10. i can't sign in using microsoft account password

i can't sign in using microsoft account password: [ATTACH] well.. I saved a separate password which I forgot . the below is first. the above one is second. [ATTACH] please help me with this.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use different password than microsoft account

2. is my windows password different to microsoft password

3. can i diferent passwords on my microsoft account for different devices

4. why is my sign in password different than microsoft password,
  5. is my windows password different to my microsoft account,
  6. microsoft password different to login password,
  7. my computer password is different from my microsoft password,
  8. is my windows password different from my microsoft account password?,
  9. why is sign in password different to microsoft