Windows 10: Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone: I have my old external Apple keyboard from my old Mac cheese grater. This one: [img] I really like that keyboard, so I was wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahmd, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC?

Hi everyone:

I have my old external Apple keyboard from my old Mac cheese grater. This one:

Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC? [​IMG]

I really like that keyboard, so I was wondering if I can use it on my Windows 10 desktop PC? (That has no Apple hardware, so it's not a bootcamp type setup.)

:)

ahmd, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Srimadhwa B Win User

HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Vanessa Yar Win User
    Windows 10 Apple keyboard

Hi,

Having an outdated driver is the most common reason why a peripheral device that is connected to your computer stops working. For us to properly diagnose why your Apple keyboard will no longer connect to your Windows 10 computer, allow us to ask the following
    information:

• How are you trying to connect the keyboard to your computer?
    • What type of keyboard are you using? Is it a wired or a wireless type?
    • Have you tried updating your keyboard's driver?

If the keyboard is detected on your computer, try updating its drivers. Follow the steps provided in

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Abdul_Malik Win User

Apple Keyboard will not connect to my PC

Hi Carter,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by MaxUser2015 in the below thread and check
    if it helps.

Apple keyboard no longer connects properly to windows 10

Apple keyboard no longer connects properly to windows 10

You may also, Contact Apple Support:

http://www.apple.com/in/support/contact/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use external Apple keyboard on Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - external Apple keyboard

2. Apple keyboard model number A1314

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple keyboard model number A1314: Im trying to connect my apple keyboard to my surface go and I can't I always get these two screens in this order without a pass code but I got my track pad to connect but I can't get this whats wrong[IMG][ATTACH]...
  3. Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10

Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10: Hi, I have a dual boot pc running macOS and Win 10. The Magic Mouse connects readily and easily but keyboard will not. Have tried switching kb on and off but still does not connect unless I use the lead which defeats the purpose of having Bluetooth devices! Anyone any...
  4. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?: I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail. I must be the old dog who can't or rather will...
  5. Can I use my Windows 10 key on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use my Windows 10 key on my new PC?: So I got a new PC and discarded my old one. But I upgraded my old PC to 10. Can I use it's key on my new PC? Will it work? Please reply. 9987
  6. Android Apps That I Can Use on My PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android Apps That I Can Use on My PC: I want to know if there are any good Android apps, or apps period that let me use the apps installed on my Android on my PC. In other words, if I've got an audio Bible on my Android phone, and I want to play it over my PC. I've got MightyText, and I love that, but I want to...
  7. Apple keyboard quit working

Apple keyboard quit working: Out of nowhere my Apple keyboard (A1243) stopped working on Windows 10 - 64bit Home. I tried the keyboard on an old iMac & it works just fine. Device manage recognizes the keyboard & located a driver but gave it a Code 1, "The driver isn't configured properly" error. We...
  8. Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update

Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update: Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help! 14088
  9. Using PC with European keyboard with US version of Windows

Using PC with European keyboard with US version of Windows: Have been doing some casual on-again off-again shopping for a tiny, light notebook for my wife, without having to spend $700+ for an Ultrabook. I was in Micro Center the other day, and noticed a Dell Inspiron 11 on display at what seemed to be a very good price. Then I...
  10. Can i use windows on a chromebook?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i use windows on a chromebook?: I bought a chromebook, haven't received it yet. Its an acer 14 inch chromebook with 4gb ram and 32gb hard drive. I also have an internal hard drive that i never ever used... it came with a new laptop but i changed that one with an ssd. Thus this hard drive though its a...