Windows 10: Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process?

Discus and support Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a couple of applications which do not automatically stop the PC from going to sleep when undergoing a process. This means i either have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by surfing69, May 15, 2020.

1. surfing69 Win User

Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process?

I have a couple of applications which do not automatically stop the PC from going to sleep when undergoing a process.

This means i either have to guess how long the process will take and set the sleep timer accordingly or restart the process and sit with the PC until finished.

I currently have my PC set to sleep after 15 mins. I particularly want keep fiddling with this setting.

dont

I have read somewhere that this can be achieved via the local group policy access i.e. gpedit.msc

Is this true and is so , can someone guide me?

:)

surfing69, May 15, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, May 15, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process? a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, May 15, 2020
  4. Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process?

stop win 10 pc goin sleep

Hi Maximo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly follow the below steps to stop PC going sleep mode.

• Click on Start and select Settings. Or search for
      Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From list select Power & Sleep.
    • Now on both Screen and Sleep select the option
      Never.
    Now check if this works. If not, restart the PC and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process?

1. Can I use gpedit.msc to stop PC from going to sleep during a process? - Similar Threads - gpedit msc stop

2. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  3. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stops Going To Sleep: Hi, my W10 desktop PC seems to be stopping going to sleep when I leave it for a while. If I look at Event Viewer there are repeated errors of "The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver." This seems to be happening roughly every 30 minutes. Any help to...
  4. PC Stops Going To Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of a [PROCESS] waketimer preventing my PC from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get rid of a [PROCESS] waketimer preventing my PC from going to sleep?: My PC will not sleep, and an inquiry using POWERCFG results in the following: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  6. How can I stop MS Designer Bluetooth Keyboard from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop MS Designer Bluetooth Keyboard from going to sleep?: I have a Microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard and it goes to sleep if I don't use it for a few minutes, then when I go to type it takes 5 - 10 sec for it to wake up and start working. I've tried disabling all the power management in the device manager. Allow the computer...
  7. PC wakes from sleep during the night

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes from sleep during the night: My pc have been waking from sleep, usually just minutes after putting it to sleep. Is there an easy way to figure out what device is causing it from the lastwake below, without having to go through the device manager? Because I looked there but can't find it. Alternatively,...
  8. Stop a single HDD from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop a single HDD from going to sleep: Greetings I am wondering if it is possible to prevent a single spinning drive from going to sleep, rather than having a global 'never sleep' settings on all drives. I am aware of the powercfg.cpl that lets you specify when all of the drives go to sleep, but there isn't an...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, 0x0000009f - during PC is going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, 0x0000009f - during PC is going to sleep: Hi all, I would very much appreciate your help as far as I didn't manage to find proper information about what causes these bluescreens. Please, see the dumps in the file attached. There are 4 there, the last 2 are connected with the topic header...
  10. Can't stop PC from sleeping!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't stop PC from sleeping!: I'm on the latest Insider build. I don't want my PC to sleep nor the monitors to sleep nor the hard drives. Unlike most other issues with sleep and Win10, my problem isn't waking it up but keeping it awake. Microsoft seem to have scattered the sleep options all over the...