Windows 10: Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?

Discus and support Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I have a question regarding use of battery vs use of the power cord. I have an ASUS X556U running on windows 10. I have noticed a strange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mihnea-Calin-MihuDragosti, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?

Hello! I have a question regarding use of battery vs use of the power cord.

I have an ASUS X556U running on windows 10.

I have noticed a strange bulge on the left palm-rest, extending to the keyboard and touchpad. I looked it up and I think it may be the battery swelling up. Now, I didn't check it up because I'm afraid I'll break the warranty seal (if any). I plan on contacting the firm regarding this problem, but in the meantime, is there any way I can "decouple" my battery without actually removing it, and use just the AC power plug? Would this help in any way if not for solving the problem, at least in delaying it?

Have a great day, everybody!

:)

Mihnea-Calin-MihuDragosti, Jan 5, 2019

2. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Laptop freezes when AC is connected (but unfreezes on battery) How to back up files?

Thanks, i tried it nothing but it behaved exactly the same.

Not yet, i don't have one otherwise that would have been the first step.
    I'm going to order a new one which i could return in 15 days if it doesn't work.
    I can also order the charger with an new battery. Than the battery would only cost 20 euro's more. Any one who would recommand that?

I'll keep you guys up to date!

samkuiper9, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?

Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703

Hey keesadad,
    I've had this work for me in the past and is worth trying before buying a new battery Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery? :)

#2 - For the battery "plugged in not charging" ... Do this step by step ...

1. Unplug AC adapter.
    2. Shutdown laptop
    3. Remove battery
    4. Plug in AC Adapter
    5. Start laptop
    6. Remove Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:
    a. Go to Device Manager > Batteries
    b. Select Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    c. Right Click > Uninstall
    7. Shutdown laptop
    8. Unplug AC Adapter
    9. Replace battery
    10. Plug in AC Adapter
    11. Turn on laptop
    12. Check battery status to see if says “plugged in and charging”

Eagle51, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?

1. Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery? - Similar Threads - Laptop mode without

2. Can I use my Gateway laptop without a battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my Gateway laptop without a battery?: HelloI have a GWNR 71517 laptop and just now I noticed that it looked bloated, I opened it up since it is one of those that do not have a removable battery and removed the bloated one, I figured that while I don't get a replacement I will use it plugged in but now it does not...
  3. Can I use my Gateway laptop without a battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use my Gateway laptop without a battery?: HelloI have a GWNR 71517 laptop and just now I noticed that it looked bloated, I opened it up since it is one of those that do not have a removable battery and removed the bloated one, I figured that while I don't get a replacement I will use it plugged in but now it does not...
  4. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  5. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  6. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...: Our new HP Envy laptop 16-h0003na with Windows 11 has built in battery and I would prefer to use it connected to AC power as having to charge the battery at least twice a day. I have had a lot of different advice saying that leaving the power on will cause the battery to...
  7. Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...

Can I safely use ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Properties to switch to using AC...: Our new HP Envy laptop 16-h0003na with Windows 11 has built in battery and I would prefer to use it connected to AC power as having to charge the battery at least twice a day. I have had a lot of different advice saying that leaving the power on will cause the battery to...
  8. Windows Laptop - Bypass battery on AC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Laptop - Bypass battery on AC?: Hi all, I have been wanting to ditch my high end desktop / low end laptop combo and replace it with a single high end laptop. I use it for business and occasional gaming, so when I travel it's very convenient to have all of my data with me without having to sync it manually...
  9. Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?: I haven't used my laptop much yet, only a little bit to set up some bookmarks, wallpaper, etc. Every time I use it, I plug it into the wall. I'm at home so it's not inconvenient, and I figured it would save on the battery life. Is it harmful to the battery to keep plugging...
  10. Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?: Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow let the computer (Acer Swift 3) stay connected to AC, but without constantly having to charge the battery fully up to 100% ? Does windows 10 have some options in this matter? Thanx! BRG/ Örjan. Battery charging advice -...