Windows 10: Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

Discus and support Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rollerdog, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Rollerdog Win User

Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible?

:)

Rollerdog, Aug 9, 2015

2. Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur when, after downloading the app from Windows store, you didn’t logged out from the store.

I would like to inform you that, when you logged in to your local account and want to download app through windows store, you need to sign in using your Microsoft account. While signing in using Microsoft account into Windows store, there will
    be an option Sign into just this app instead if you not select this option then, when you try to log in to same local account it will ask you for Microsoft account password.

To use the local account password again, you need to login to your local account using
    Microsoft account password and go to Windows store,
    Log out from the store. So that when you login to the local account it won’t ask for Microsoft account password.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Comcol Win User
    "Microsoft Account" over writes "Local Account" after logging into Microsoft Store.

"Microsoft Account" over writes "Local Account" after logging into Microsoft Store.

PROBLEM:

When I logged back into the Surface Pro this morning it would on give me access to my Surface Pro via my "Microsoft Account" and not my "Local Account". The local account no longer existed. If try to setup a "Local
    Account" again it wants to create a complete NEW account, meaning I have to go through the full setup procedure again. It does not give me the option to change my account back to a "Local Account".

DETAILS:

Computer: Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 (Anniversary)

Used a "Local Account" when creating the account on Surface for the first time.

The only "Microsoft Account" I logged into was the "Store". Never got to log into OneDrive at this stage.

Did not want to use "Microsoft Account" in the first place. However, the IT Support person at work recommend to create an account to use OneDrive to backup personal documents. Now I am regretting it.

REQUEST:

Is there a way I can revert back to a "Local Account" keeping ALL my settings?

Thank you for your time

Comcol, Aug 9, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I don't think you can do that. You need to be logged into your MS account to access the store.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 9, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    you can sign in to the store separately with an MS account while keeping your Windows with local account.

topgundcp, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Rollerdog Win User
    I think I tried that by logging into Microsoft account in Store; but when I next booted up windows, it asked for Microsoft account password.

I will test this again.

Rollerdog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store - Similar Threads - Local Account log

2. Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?: I want to use Onedrive in a W10 PC but also I need a local account. Is possible? Thanks submitted by /u/Ok_Intention_4934 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgjxnx/can_i_use_onedrive_in_a_local_account/
  3. Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account: I have multiple windows 10 computers that were set up many years ago. When I originally set them up I used a local account instead of a Microsoft account. Somehow over time that account got linked to my Microsoft account and gives me the advantages of using additional...
  4. Can I add a local account to Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add a local account to Microsoft Store?: Hi there, I recently switched from Microsoft account to a local account, but with the same email address .There is no issue with that as I have removed my Microsoft account from my device , but the Microsoft store app still shows my old 'Microsoft' account and I would like...
  5. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store: I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store. As it is now, users can get around any restrictions I put on the Store by just logging in with their personal...
  6. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  7. can Microsoft Office be used on a local account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can Microsoft Office be used on a local account: hello new to the forum and windows 10 i recently purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 10 home. i am gradually trying to acclimate myself with windows 10 and while i like it overall like many i am not at all thrilled about the invasive nature of 10 and being forced into a...
  8. register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in: I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809. How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account? But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in. Please tell me how to do that. I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step...
  9. can i temporary use a local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i temporary use a local account: im about to reinstall windows and when i use my microsoft acc it always names my user folder the wrong thing.i was wondering can i use a local acc during setup so it names it correctly then add my Microsoft account later that has the activation stuff with it? 118090
  10. Use Local account with Windows Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local account with Windows Store: How to: Use Local account with Windows Store How to Use Store without Switching to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...