Windows 10: Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?

Discus and support Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The title pretty much lists my question. I'm using UEFI win10, v1909, and the external drive will be in an iDsonic external drive enclosure. If I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jim8080, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive?

The title pretty much lists my question.
    I'm using UEFI win10, v1909, and the external drive will be in an iDsonic external drive enclosure. If I have a serious problem, I can use this drive while deciding what to do.

Another question - maybe stretching the topic. Can I use Macrium to clone a bootable USB drive to another USB drive?

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Jim8080 Win User

The title pretty much lists my question.
    I'm using UEFI win10, v1909, and the external drive will be in an iDsonic external drive enclosure. If I have a serious problem, I can use this drive while deciding what to do.

Another question - maybe stretching the topic. Can I use Macrium to clone a bootable USB drive to another USB drive?

Jim

Jim8080, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Internal Drive+Enclosure or External Drive

Hi, I'm not very familiar with storage solutions so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm looking to buy a 1TB+ drive for backup. External drives seem like more elegant solutions but when I looked on Newegg many reviews seem to suggest that they are not long lived (e.g. break within weeks/months). Is this true? If so, are internal drives + enclosures better? Or do any of you have better solutions that I don't know about (like I said I'm not that familiar with the storage department). Thanks.

runevirage, Jan 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to clone your PC hard drive using Macrium Reflect | Windows Central

Note the number of threads related to problems booting Windows after cloning the system drive and having two system disks in the PC.

dalchina, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I use Macrium to clone my internal drive to an external drive? - Similar Threads - Macrium clone internal

2. Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?: I have two internal drives, both 1 TB each. I purchased a 2 TB internal drive that I want to install, but I don't have enough space on the current drives to push everything to one drive, remove the other one, and install the 2 TB one. Can I use an external drive to transfer a...
  3. Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use an external drive to swap internal memory drives?: I have two internal drives, both 1 TB each. I purchased a 2 TB internal drive that I want to install, but I don't have enough space on the current drives to push everything to one drive, remove the other one, and install the 2 TB one. Can I use an external drive to transfer a...
  4. How to system clone an external hard drive to internal ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to system clone an external hard drive to internal ssd: I recently got my laptop hdd replaced with an ssd and needed the entire system cloned but I guess the technician didn't understand because he gave me a laptop with a fresh windows 10 copy and only the user profile files stored in a folder called backup Is it possible to...
  5. Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect

Cloning Hard Drive onto SSD Using Macrium Reflect: I used Macrium Reflect to clone my hard drive onto my Samsung 970 Evo SSD. Upon completion, I went into BIOS, set the SSD as the boot drive, and was met with a screen that says that the SSD isn't a bootable media. All I want to do is to have windows 10 on my SSD so that it...
  6. Can I clone my drive?

Can I clone my drive?: I am building a new PC that I am performing a new install of Windows 10 Pro on. My old PC has Windows 10 Home, which was part of the free upgrade initiative the PC originally had Windows 8.1. Is it possible for me to just clone my drive or use the Windows File Transfer tool...
  7. Clone Entire Drive to an External USB Drive to use a Catastrophic Recovery Drive?

Clone Entire Drive to an External USB Drive to use a Catastrophic Recovery Drive?: I need to have a clone of my ENTIRE SYSTEM on an external drive that I can use to: RECOVER MY ENTIRE SYSTEM... if my hard drive dies for whatever reason or melts or is stolen. IF someone breaks into my house and steals my entire computer along with my TV and sofa. I want...
  8. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  9. Backup Questions Using the Internal or an External Drive

Backup Questions Using the Internal or an External Drive: I am trying to use Windows 10 Rescue and Recovery to back up or image my entire HD. I will either backup onto my internal HD or an external HD. The Resue and Recovery does not give the option to use the C drive so it seems to me that if I created another drive or partition on...
  10. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...