Windows 10: can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

Discus and support can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have mozella thunderbird as my default email client on my windows 10 computer but I want to set up mail on the same computer so I can check all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by allanwhite4947, Sep 14, 2018.

1. can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

I have mozella thunderbird as my default email client on my windows 10 computer but I want to set up mail on the same computer so I can check all the settings and fix the mail program running on the computers at my computer club, but I don't seem to be able to do that. Will two clients run at the same time when thunderbird uses pop3 and mail uses Imap??

Also, on another computer at the club running windows 7, we use windows live mail as the email client and I am having trouble with that. It has not downloaded any mail since May 7. I know microsoft does not support windows mail now but should I still be able to use it and why can't I get it running properly.

It seems as though our intenet providor (which is xtra.co.nz) want us to use webmail now instead of a client. Would that be causing the problem. However at home I also use the same internet supplier and I have no trouble using Thunderbird to download all my mail.

Hoping someone there can help me because I got not help from the xtra help desk.

Thank you, Allan

:)

allanwhite4947, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Jayzilla Win User

can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

1. can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer - Similar Threads - mail thundrbird same

2. Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features?: Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features? Features like a calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-mail-and-calendar-and-just-use/47c3cde6-015f-4e07-bce9-c26d97049a52
  3. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.: I used the same e-mail on two of my computers when I built them. I bought one Microsoft Code for each unit, & have run one of them for a few years & the other I built some months back. However, after some updates, they seem to be conflicting. Its like they are glued via...
  4. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.: I used the same e-mail on two of my computers when I built them. I bought one Microsoft Code for each unit, & have run one of them for a few years & the other I built some months back. However, after some updates, they seem to be conflicting. Its like they are glued via...
  5. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?: How can I allow my wife to use the same application Word as I do when she logs in under her name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-have-other-people-on-this-computer-use/7e282466-d380-41a7-b54d-3e229a1e8cf4
  7. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  8. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?: Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed. So, can I use the same key on the same PC...
  9. Can i use the same windows 10 pro on 2 computers ?

Can i use the same windows 10 pro on 2 computers ?: I want to buy another PC and i don't knof if i can use the same windows 10 pro key for both of them. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-the-same-windows-10-pro-on-2-computers/d511c894-833c-4371-b693-1803b86885b5"
  10. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?: I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail. I must be the old dog who can't or rather will...