Windows 10: Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

Discus and support Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am purging temp files and would like to continue to work. Can I open up chrome and work while this is being done?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnaStanke, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

I am purging temp files and would like to continue to work. Can I open up chrome and work while this is being done?

:)

AnnaStanke, Jun 20, 2019
  2. riceBox Win User

WSReset purge cache issue

Yep, it did yield the same issue, with WSReset unable to purge the Store cache.

Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files? [​IMG]

Also, I already tried re-registering Store via powershell. Still no cigar.

riceBox, Jun 20, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Cache Files

Hello,

To clean up cache or temporary files on your Windows system, we suggest checking out this
    article. This contains steps that you can perform to help you with your concern.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

Temporary Internet Files Cache Did Not Setup Correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Try to perform system file checker. Follow the steps below which will help you:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Method 2: I suggest you to use
    the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

Follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.

• Run the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" command.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us for further queries on Windows. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

1. Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files? - Similar Threads - computer purging cache

2. can i delete the download temporary file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i delete the download temporary file?: hi, so I only have 1 GB of storage left and I found this download temporary file, its about 11 GB. should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-download-temporary-file/d551e491-f4ad-4ec3-a7de-fc4249d80af5
  3. can i delete the download temporary file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i delete the download temporary file?: hi, so I only have 1 GB of storage left and I found this download temporary file, its about 11 GB. should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-download-temporary-file/d551e491-f4ad-4ec3-a7de-fc4249d80af5
  4. can i delete the download temporary file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can i delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i delete temporary files: can i delete windows update cleanup files without loosing windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-temporary-files/dfb5a63f-3387-44f5-9916-0806fe0b21c0
  6. Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches: Hello, Every time I try to open Microsoft Store on my PC it fails to open. I have tried the WSreset.exe. An error message is displayed as: ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches File system error -2147219196. What can I do to resolve this isuse? Many thanks, Jono...
  7. when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...: any advise would be greatly appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-use-my-remote-desktop-i-am-unable-to/4c1b8153-7a36-493a-8590-b53f418d7810"
  8. can i temporary use a local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i temporary use a local account: im about to reinstall windows and when i use my microsoft acc it always names my user folder the wrong thing.i was wondering can i use a local acc during setup so it names it correctly then add my Microsoft account later that has the activation stuff with it? 118090
  9. Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Safely Delete These Files in the Windows Installer Cache?: I just reinstalled Office 2010 and all 50 updates since Service Pack 2. Wise Disk Cleaner finds 1GB of Office 2010 related files in the Windows Installer Cache in several folders under C:\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00004119110000000000000000F01FEC\ Windows Disk...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer is purging