Windows 10: Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?

Discus and support Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys! I recently got a PowerA Pikachu headset which comes with a mic but the cord didn’t come with a splitter. I’d rather avoid buying one but I’d... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RandomAsianGuyOk, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?

Hey guys! I recently got a PowerA Pikachu headset which comes with a mic but the cord didn’t come with a splitter. I’d rather avoid buying one but I’d really like to use the mic with the headset. Is there a way I can use the attached mic without a splitter?

submitted by /u/RandomAsianGuyOk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RandomAsianGuyOk, Oct 28, 2020

2. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Hi guys,

I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable (has both mic and headphone audio) that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable.

These definitely work as I tried them on my laptop with immediate success.

However, on my desktop, no dice. I can hear audio, but the microphone does not work. I've tried both the front and back audio ports, even opened up the case and checked all my connections to the motherboard and they're all OK.

Are there some obscure Windows settings I can fiddle around with? I have this Realtek Audio Console which is next to useless. Says mic is connected and that's all.

I have Windows 10 for Education 1909.

Thanks!

Windows_has_flaws, Oct 28, 2020
  3. headphone splitter

my pc has two ports for mic and speakers. they have been working fine till yesterday. whenever my audio jack is in i can hear but when my mic jack is also in i cant hear anything. i went to control panel to see what was wrong and whenever the mic was in
    it didn't register the audio! the headset works fine on my phone but i think its the splitter. i was thinking about sending the splitter back but ask here before i do. please get back asap.

morgansmith_427, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?

Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter?

1. Can I use my headphone and built-in mic without a splitter? - Similar Threads - headphone built mic

2. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  3. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  4. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic: My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone...
  5. Can I use my wireless bluetooth headphone with in-built mic for hearing and using its mic,...

Can I use my wireless bluetooth headphone with in-built mic for hearing and using its mic,...: So, I have Acer Veriton and it has 2 different ports for earphone or headphone and another for mic. Also I have a Bluetooth headphone with built in mic, which I want to use, so will I be able to use them the mic and the headphone, as I have to attend meetings and talk and...
  6. Headphone with built-in Mic

Headphone with built-in Mic: I want to use Mic and speaker both of my headphones with the same one port at a time....What needs to be done to help this..I don't want to use stereo mix as it records system volumn... any solution for this??...
  7. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?: The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any...
  8. headphone splitter

headphone splitter: my pc has two ports for mic and speakers. they have been working fine till yesterday. whenever my audio jack is in i can hear but when my mic jack is also in i cant hear anything. i went to control panel to see what was wrong and whenever the mic was in it didn't register the...
  9. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...
  10. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...