Windows 10: can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter

Discus and support can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a raspberry pi zero w and it needs a screen. i have the mini HDMI to HDMI adapter and it can connect to a TV, but i wanted to know if i could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by procrafterPLAYZ, Apr 28, 2019.

1. can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter

i have a raspberry pi zero w and it needs a screen. i have the mini HDMI to HDMI adapter and it can connect to a TV, but i wanted to know if i could connect it to my laptop and use that as the HDMI screen so it is more mobile. any response is appreciated. thank you!

:)

procrafterPLAYZ, Apr 28, 2019

2. HP Moniter Detecting HDMI But Not VGA

Trying to set up the oculus rift, and it requires the one HDMI cable that my computer has. My HP Moniter has a VGA slot on the back, so I snagged a cable for it, and an adapter (To shift a 9pin male end to a 15 pin female) so the adapter end can an plug
    into my computer. Problem is, when I toggle the switch from HDMI to VGA, it says 'inactive', has a black screen for a bit, then switches back to HDMI. I've checked all the cables, and nothing's loose- I've even tried a factory reset and unplugging and replugging
    the entire moniter as described in the moniter's troubleshooting site. I'm still getting a black screen every time. When I pulled up device details on my computer, I couldn't see any way to toggle between the two manually, but I am concerned my system is to
    blame. Could it be the adapter? I can't seem to find anything that would fit both my moniter and my computer in the same cord. I'm running windows 10, and the hdmi for the moniter leads directly to my graphics card.

LynnJacobs1, Apr 28, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Apr 28, 2019
  4. can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter

Windows 10 update not detecting my 2nd moniter

The solutions you gave me didnt work, The dual moniters were working, I had restarted my laptop to have it auto update, after waitng nearly a hour it booted and my my windows wont detect my 2nd moniter its connected using HDMI my moniter does detect that
    its connected though.

joseph blain, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter

1. can I use my laptop as an hdmi moniter - Similar Threads - laptop hdmi moniter

2. Moniters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  3. Moniters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  4. Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.: I am having a problem trying to connect my laptop's screen to a monitor through HDMI. The monitor isn't detecting that there is an HDMI input. Any answers help, thanks....
  5. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  6. moniter

moniter: I have several lines from top to bottom on my moninter , how can I clear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniter/3b823fdc-206d-40d2-ba72-3a350b2b6c02
  7. can i use this ram in my this laptop

can i use this ram in my this laptop: Can i install this ram Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL-17 SODIMM in hp-15 BE012TU laptop as my second ram to get 12 gb of total ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-this-ram-in-my-this-laptop/6ef9b7a9-fdbc-4ae6-bd6c-3b928e4228d3
  8. how can i cast my laptop to TV using HDMI cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i cast my laptop to TV using HDMI cable?: how to cast laptop to TV using HDMI cable Not working Cant get Chromecast to work either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-cast-my-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi-cable/617a43ee-fe83-4c40-a34c-35b242145c20
  9. I have a laptop I want to hook to a larger Moniter?

I have a laptop I want to hook to a larger Moniter?: Hi, I have a laptop that I want to hook to a larger moniter??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-laptop-i-want-to-hook-to-a-larger-moniter/9037671d-c375-4aef-ad6d-6681da57d245
  10. Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can I use my motherboard HDMI port as well as my graphics card HDMI?: I want to use 2 displays using HDMI, but the only problem is that when I plug in my HDMI to my TV through the motherboard, it does not work. I know some do not support it which is why I am coming here. My mother board and graphics card are in my account so look there for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use windows as an hdmi in

2. how to use laptop as moniter for switch

3. troubleshooting why cant i set up moniter with a laptop

4. what can i us my mouse for on xbox one