Windows 10: Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc.,

Discus and support Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc., in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RohithRam03, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc.,

Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc.,

:)

RohithRam03, Dec 14, 2020

2. Is there a real need for USB Type C

The gl553vw has usb type A. I wonder why there is no Usb type c? The gl553vw is a 2016 laptop model.

kennyreid95, Dec 14, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    SanDisk Launches New Mobile Flash Drive for USB Type-C Devices

SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive designed specifically for next-generation devices. The sleek, new drive features a versatile and powerful USB Type-C connector for quick file transfer between USB Type-C enabled mobile devices, laptops, tablets and future devices.

"We expect to see many new USB Type-C supported devices released in 2016," said Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk. "As more consumers purchase ultra-mobile PCs, smartphones and tablets that feature this new, more advanced USB standard, it is critical to offer a complete ecosystem of compatible products. New offerings, like our SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive, will give consumers the capabilities they've come to expect from traditional Type A ports, but with the added benefit of better performance."

Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc., 75a_thm.jpg

The new SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive is available in up to 128GB and delivers USB 3.1 performance of up to 150 MB/s, making it SanDisk's fastest and highest capacity USB Type-C offering. The USB drive features a slim, retractable design to protect the reversible connector and is compatible with the SanDisk Memory Zone app for Android. The app, which is available for free through the Google Play Store, auto-launches upon insertion of the drive into a compatible device, allowing immediate access to the user's content and easy file management.

"USB Type-C connectors could be a game-changer, as they offer significant benefits to consumers, such as a slim design and reversible plug orientation," said IDC research VP Shane Rau. "We've already seen a considerable increase over the past year when the connector began showing up on new products from major devices manufacturers. As demand increases, we expect more and more solutions to hit the market, such as the SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive."

The SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive is the company's first dedicated USB for Type-C ready devices.

Pricing and Availability
    The SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C Flash Drive features a five-year warranty, and is now available worldwide at Amazon, and other leading retailers. The new offering comes in capacities of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB with U.S. MSRPs of $19.99, $29.99, $49.99 and $79.99, respectively.

btarunr, Dec 14, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc.,

Kingston Digital Releases USB Type-C Flash Drive

Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB Flash drive. DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that works with both standard USB Type-A (3.1, 3.0, 2.0) and USB Type-C ports. USB Type-C, allowing for slimmer and sleeker future devices, is an up and coming reversible connector standard that enables a single port to function as a point for data transfer, video output, charging and even power external devices.

DataTraveler microDuo 3C is an ideal way to provide up to 64GB of extra storage for the very latest smartphones, tablets and Mac computers while also working with current generation devices. Shipping later this month, the simple plug-and-play drive offers fast USB 3.1 performance with read speeds up to 100MB/s and write speeds up to 15MB/s. The light weight and small-form factor DataTraveler microDuo 3C complements portable devices and is easily transportable.

Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc., 71a_thm.jpg

"DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that accommodates both USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports to give users easy access to the latest USB interface," said Jean Wong, Flash business manager, Kingston. "Our drive provides more storage, features fast data transfer speeds and helps make the new technology more accessible to consumers."

DataTraveler microDuo 3C is backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.

DataTraveler microDuo 3C Features & Specifications:
    • Capacities: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
    • Speed: USB 3.12/3
      o 16GB: 100MB/s read, 10MB/s write
      o 32GB & 64GB: 100Mb/s read, 15MB/s write
    • Dimensions: 29.94mm x 16.60mm x 8.44mm
    • Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
    • Storage Temperature: -20°C to 85°C
    • Warranty / Support: Five-year warranty with free technical support

btarunr, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Can i use my laptop's Type-C chargering port to plug in type -c USB flash drives etc., - Similar Threads - laptop's Type chargering

2. Type C HDMI port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type C HDMI port: Hi,My laptop is HP, it has "charge while sleeping" option meaning working like a powerbank for phone even when i shut laptop down.Recently i use its HDMI port type C to connect to an external monitor.Problem is when i shut my laptop down, i left the HDMI cable as it is, then...
  3. Type C HDMI port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type C HDMI port: Hi,My laptop is HP, it has "charge while sleeping" option meaning working like a powerbank for phone even when i shut laptop down.Recently i use its HDMI port type C to connect to an external monitor.Problem is when i shut my laptop down, i left the HDMI cable as it is, then...
  4. Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Type-C ports not working Dell Inspiron Laptop: After some updates in Windows Update and SupportAssist, all of my usb ports don't work anymore. It does not power, not detect any device. Tried all the solution I found like clean install of Window, update/unistall driver,... But still not work!Any idea?...
  5. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  6. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  7. USB Type C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type C: Hey, guys hot question, My Asus Vivobook has a USB Type C output but reading the specs of my laptop for some weird reason it says that it does not support video output. There fore I only have one HDMI output for video and I need one more!!!!Does anyone know of a...
  8. USB Type C

USB Type C: Hey, guys hot question, My Asus Vivobook has a USB Type C output but reading the specs of my laptop for some weird reason it says that it does not support video output. There fore I only have one HDMI output for video and I need one more!!!!Does anyone know of a...
  9. Charging with usb type c port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging with usb type c port: I'm trying to find out if it is possible to charge my vivobook S532F S15 using the usb type c port,I have the the power cable an the PD wall adapter. If so what worked for others? please list any software or hardware you think i might be missing.. thanks for your response.....
  10. usb c type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb c type: im trying to set up a c type usb to hdmi and VGA, when i plug in the usb c type device manager recognises the device but it drops out within a few seconds, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-type/a0c6cae6-a9bf-4f0d-a11d-19620528cd36