Windows 10: Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop?

Discus and support Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm thinking of buying a new laptop and I just wanna know if I can use my old windows account which has my digital licence liked to on my desktop, So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vamshi_Goud, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop?

I'm thinking of buying a new laptop and I just wanna know if I can use my old windows account which has my digital licence liked to on my desktop, So is that gonna be a problem?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Vamshi_Goud
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vamshi_Goud, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Old User Account Still Showing Up

My wife got a new laptop and I'm using her old one at work. While still on Windows 7, I deleted her account and set up a new one in my name as administrator. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Every time I restart the laptop, Windows 10 wants to default to
    her old account and shows it on the login screen. My account is listed in the lower left corner of the login screen as an additional account. I have to select my account instead of hers, enter my password and login as usual. Her name/old account is NOT
    listed under user accounts or family accounts, etc. I have not found any way to completely delete her account or any other evidence of her name on this laptop.

How can I get, what seems to be a ghost account off this laptop? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Steve Woolley Sr, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop?

How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop?

1. Can I use my old Windows account in my new Laptop? - Similar Threads - old account Laptop

2. can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I put my old SSD in my new laptop and then upgrade to the windows version the new...: My old laptop stopped working. It had Windows 11 Home on it but it also has a 2TB SSD that will go into my new laptop which comes with a smaller SSD and Windows 11 64 Pro. I would like to keep all my programs and files without doing a drive clone or reloading my programs. Can...
  3. I can not login using my new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not login using my new account: I created a new gmail account in Windows 11 but no option to change user at all or sign with different user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-using-my-new-account/8caf19e0-44fa-40d3-8eff-af556320896d
  4. I can not login using my new account

I can not login using my new account: I created a new gmail account in Windows 11 but no option to change user at all or sign with different user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login-using-my-new-account/8caf19e0-44fa-40d3-8eff-af556320896d
  5. Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?: Hey, My name is James Adaline and I live in Los Angeles. I was planning to travel to New York City, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to bring my laptop with me. So my question is, can I use my laptop on my mobile phone by using my Microsoft account? As we...
  6. Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?

Can I use my laptop on my mobile by using My Microsoft account?: Hey, My name is James Adaline and I live in Los Angeles. I was planning to travel to New York City, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to bring my laptop with me. So my question is, can I use my laptop on my mobile phone by using my Microsoft account? As we...
  7. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it but before I set it up I need to know the best way to do it.The setup requires you to either use a current Microsoft Account or create a new one.If I use my current Microsoft Account for the new laptop will it affect my current...
  8. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?: I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it but before I set it up I need to know the best way to do it.The setup requires you to either use a current Microsoft Account or create a new one.If I use my current Microsoft Account for the new laptop will it affect my current...
  9. Can I use my existing microsoft account on my new laptop or should I create a new account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can i swap my old window X Account from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i swap my old window X Account from old laptop to new laptop: HI Sir, Good day. I bought a new laptop & this window dint have any activation code. Can i swap my old window X Account from old laptop user name : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to new laptop use name : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** i...