Windows 10: Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?

Discus and support Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"? If so, how do I get documents / pictures to be viewed there while working in Word on laptop? I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkAlbright1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?

Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"? If so, how do I get documents / pictures to be viewed there while working in Word on laptop? I can get movies to play on TV from laptop, but am doing this as a "duplicated" screen.

:)

MarkAlbright1, Jul 26, 2019

2. Smart Tv not being detected as wireless display after Win10 update,

Hi,

My Samsung 6300 smart tv used to be able to wirelessly extend my laptop, all until 2 months ago after most recent win 10 update. My computer now only detects it as other devices, and will not detect my tv as an extra screen to mirror or extend the laptop
    wirelessly.

I am only getting my neighbours TV as i'm living in an apartment building, if i try can search for a wireless display connection.

Please help, it should not be a driver problem, it was working fine previously.

It should not be a TV problem as i can see it listed as other devices, basically its being found, visible, but unable to be script as a tv/wireless display.

it could be a miracast update thing, which now completely renders all earlier smart tvs useless for this job.

MatthewPeter, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?

Smart TV

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your Smart TV?
    • Have you tried checking with your Smart TV's manufacturer if there were any available firmware updates?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?

1. Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"? - Similar Threads - Smart extended display

2. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  3. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  4. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  5. Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to wireless display LG Smart TV: ** FYI none of the topics fit what my question is actually about, so I picked "Connect Phone to PC" even though that isn't my problem.**I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and other than the action center being dispersed into other areas, I haven't had any issues... until...
  6. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  7. Casting to a 4K Samsung smart TV, only get 1080p(extend display)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Casting to a 4K Samsung smart TV, only get 1080p(extend display): I tried to cast from my pc to my 4K TV through wifi, but it seemed to only show 1980x1080 screen, tried to change the screen setting to other resolution, but it won't show anything but my cursor if setting to other than 1080. is it default for samsung? im pretty sure my PC...
  8. wirelss connection to smart tv display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wirelss connection to smart tv display: Hello there, I use microsoft surface go device and it uses OS windows 10. My problem is after several successful connection with my smart TV for wireless display, windows doesn't recognize my tv for wirelss connection. It can't be a problem with the tv because i can share my...
  9. Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?: My laptop supports Miracast but my desktop doesn't. Can I purchase a Miracast dongle for my desktop and then use my desktop monitors as extended displays of my laptop? submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot display Desktop on smart TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot display Desktop on smart TV: I have been trying for a long time to get my Windows 10 Desktop displayed on my smart TV, which has a setting for receiving wireless signals. EDGE (Chromium) reporting 'source not supported' is only one of several troubling notifications. A likely issue is that I am not now...