Windows 10: can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10

Discus and support can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can I use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Allie-652, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Allie-652 Win User

can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10

can I use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10

:)

Allie-652, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Allie-652 Win User

can I use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10

Allie-652, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Darren Win User
    Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Sep 6, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

Thema:

1. can i use my total wireless cell phone as a fax modem with windows 10 - Similar Threads - total wireless cell

2. Phone and fax using Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone and fax using Windows: The facsimile is ready to scan a document but will not send a page across the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-and-fax-using-windows/35d51b63-a810-43c1-a313-f12b9e718af3
  3. Phone and fax using Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone and fax using Windows: The facsimile is ready to scan a document but will not send a page across the network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-and-fax-using-windows/35d51b63-a810-43c1-a313-f12b9e718af3
  4. Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan does not recognize my fax modem.: I have been using Windows Fax and Scan for several years. Recently I have not received any faxes. When I check the settings of my computer my fax modem is present in Device Manager and seems to be working correctly. When I tell Fax and Scan to send a fax it says I need a fax...
  5. Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates deletes fax modem and windows fax and scan wont recognize modem: Hi Windows Updates ran last night. again it deletes the external usr robotics 5637 fax modem usb and windows fax and scan stop working. Windows fax and scan will not recognize modem. deleted modem driver. turned off windows fax and scan feature. reinstalled modem....
  6. Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple fax Modems on Windows Fax and Scan: How many fax modems are supported on Windows Fax and Scan? I have two modems connected to Windows 10 Pro and I can connect to either one but not both. After I connect to either one the option to add a connection to a local modem is not available....
  7. Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem?: Can I fax from Outlook without a fax modem? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/can-i-fax-from-outlook-without-a-fax-modem/ed63e53c-baf1-4a32-b845-72b2ebf8d724
  8. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  9. fax modem and fax service

fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...
  10. Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax & Scan Does Not Connect to My Fax Modem: I've uninstalled and reinstalled my fax modem driver. Device Manager shows it as "LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem." And "This device is working properly." From within Windows Fax & Scan: I've tried adding an account to the Fax Accounts list. I cannot connect to my fax modem...