Windows 10: Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

Discus and support Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed and it was originally a Windows 8.1 laptop. Windows 10 and 8 never ran well on it and I know Windows 7 would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CDS44, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:12 PM.

1. CDS44 Win User

Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed and it was originally a Windows 8.1 laptop. Windows 10 and 8 never ran well on it and I know Windows 7 would serve the purpose i use it for well. Is there any way I can get Windows 7 running on it with what I have?

:)

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

4. Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

Thema:

Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

1. Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7? - Similar Threads - key

2. Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.: Hi, Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the software that is playing the audio. When I use the volume keys on my keyboard or adjust the volume in the control panel, it...
  3. Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade: I purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home. Then I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from MS Store. After the purchase, I installed the upgrade and received an email with the receipt. My credit card was charged, but I never received an email with the activation key...
  4. Transfer windows 10 licence key

Transfer windows 10 licence key: Is this possible to Transfer windows 10 licence key from one account to another. If yes, please tell how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-licence-key/7cd0ba6c-470e-407c-86c2-c89a392dd6e6"
  5. FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    FN + f1-f12 keycombination not working properly as media keys: I've had this problem since i updated to the last version of windows. what i expect the keys to do is when i press the combination FN + f7 the music in spotify plays or pauses but when i have any form of media on chrome open for example a youtube video, i plays/pauses that...
  6. how to check if iam using an original windows 10 product key?

how to check if iam using an original windows 10 product key?: hey. how to check the originality of win10 product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-if-iam-using-an-original-windows-10/79d18da3-c6af-423c-92e0-16d3cdec0b61"
  7. Multilple letters are being produced when I click on only one key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multilple letters are being produced when I click on only one key: I spilled some water on my keys and now the right side of my keyboard is acting up i pressed o and then op comes uop Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multilple-letters-are-being-produced-when-i-click/49d10e33-c9af-4449-8d42-e55e2c9f1fb3
  8. I have a volume key on my laptop

I have a volume key on my laptop: Hello, I recently had my laptop get error critical process died and tried to fix but nothing worked, I needed a laptop quickly and a friend had a spare one laying around that he never used, he sold it to me for cheap. All was going well until I got Windows will expire soon...
  9. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Problem: Hello everyone. I've bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM key like 6 months ago which was fine when I first installed it but yesterday I clean installed Windows 10 again on the same computer with exact same hardware, and it shows that it is Single Language? Is this a bug or what cause...
  10. Wiping and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro without any product key details

Wiping and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro without any product key details: Hi all, I am an unpaid director of a non profit organisation called Wyldwoods (offers classes and respite to kids and adults with learning difficulties in the UK) and they have a laptop on site for them to use. Unfortunatly the carers on the site haven't been monitoring...