Windows 10: Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

Discus and support Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed and it was originally a Windows 8.1 laptop. Windows 10 and 8 never ran well on it and I know Windows 7 would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CDS44, Apr 15, 2019.

1. CDS44 Win User

Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

I have a laptop with Windows 10 installed and it was originally a Windows 8.1 laptop. Windows 10 and 8 never ran well on it and I know Windows 7 would serve the purpose i use it for well. Is there any way I can get Windows 7 running on it with what I have?

:)

CDS44, Apr 15, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 15, 2019
  3. ironwolf Win User
    Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Thank you, but I still want to know if I can do a clean installation of Windows with my new SSD whilst my old Windows is still installed on the other pc?

MichaelDFF, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7?

1. Can I use my Windows 10 key to get Windows 7? - Similar Threads - key

2. Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: Microsoft AI PCs need a Copilot Key: Microsoft hopes that 2024 will be the year that so-called AI PCs will take off. Tidbits and rumors about this new breed of PCs are found everywhere, but Microsoft itself has been tight lipped when it comes to requirements. Intel has now published Microsoft's requirements for...
  3. how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1: I need to find my windows product key Id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-product-key-in-windows-81/8bb90cf4-c19f-48dd-bd74-2f40b198c1f0
  4. how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find my windows product key in windows 8.1: I need to find my windows product key Id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-windows-product-key-in-windows-81/8bb90cf4-c19f-48dd-bd74-2f40b198c1f0
  5. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  6. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  7. Security Key and Authenticator

Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  8. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  9. Windows key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...
  10. Windows key not working

Windows key not working: Hello, my Problem is that my Windows key simply stopped working, I can do Win+c as well as Win+v and other key combinations but if I press the win key alone, this side gets out where you can select a game or any other file this doesn't happen anymore if anyone of you knows...