Windows 10: Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.

Discus and support Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, So, I think my windows 10 cd key is registered on my hotmail account, I am getting a new cpu and motherboard, and switching SSD + HDD parts over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HeavenlyChris, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.

Hello, So, I think my windows 10 cd key is registered on my hotmail account, I am getting a new cpu and motherboard, and switching SSD + HDD parts over for a new computer build and reformating the OS. Will I able to use my windows 10 cd key on my newer computer? or do I have to deactivate the windows 10 cd key first on my computer before I reformat?

:)

HeavenlyChris, Jun 13, 2021

2. Transfer Windows 10 from my discarded computer to a newer computer?

If the Windows 10 free upgrade originated from a preinstalled OEM Windows 8 license, it is not transferable.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2021
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.

1. Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware. - Similar Threads - newer computer transferring

2. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?: I am going to build a new PC and want to find out if I can transfer my copy of Windows 10 to the new build. It seems like it is very difficult to find out exactly what license you have on your copies of windows. Currently, I have 3 copies:I have an OEM version of Windows on a...
  3. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?: I am going to build a new PC and want to find out if I can transfer my copy of Windows 10 to the new build. It seems like it is very difficult to find out exactly what license you have on your copies of windows. Currently, I have 3 copies:I have an OEM version of Windows on a...
  4. Can I transfer my copy of Windows 10 to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.: My computer originally washad Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8 and finallyt to Windows 10. How can I transfer the Windows 10 to the newer and updated computer. I have the original Windows 7 CD....
  6. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.: My computer originally washad Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8 and finallyt to Windows 10. How can I transfer the Windows 10 to the newer and updated computer. I have the original Windows 7 CD....
  7. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?: I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this...
  9. If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?: no details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-payed-for-an-app-on-my-old-computer-can-i/c9421db6-8ea3-452b-b392-c4a666a94bdb"
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?: My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-license-to-an-new/93952858-ba40-41e2-855e-bdf862ff2d97"