Windows 10: Can I use NAS drives on my desktop?

Discus and support Can I use NAS drives on my desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm running out of room on my NAS so I'm upgrading the drives to bigger ones. For the NAS drives that I replace, can I used them in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Can I use NAS drives on my desktop?

Hey guys,

I'm running out of room on my NAS so I'm upgrading the drives to bigger ones. For the NAS drives that I replace, can I used them in a computer desktop? I want to combine all the NAS drives in an old computer and then use the computer as a movie server which everyone in the family can access.

So, can I use NAS drives for desktop computers or does desktop computers need dedicated desktop hard drives?

(By the way, I don't want to lose these copies of movies.)

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    +80TB NAS

Yea, I'm really late to this party, but what about a desktop NAS?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822107342

It lists a max capacity of 64 TB, but then goes on with this:

Sasqui, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Can I use NAS drives on my desktop?

Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives

I use 2 Ethernet-connected 2TB WDC drives. My Router also has 2 USB ports on it but being a few years old they are USB 2.0. The adapters/enclosures at the bottom of this page would be my choice, available for either 2.5" Notebook drives or 3.5" Desktop drives:
    https://www.cyberguys.com/product-li...categoryid=381

Berton, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Can I use NAS drives on my desktop?

1. Can I use NAS drives on my desktop? - Similar Threads - NAS drives desktop

2. Can't Access my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  3. Stupid question?? Can I use an NAS SATA hard drive as my c: system drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid question?? Can I use an NAS SATA hard drive as my c: system drive?: That's it. Any reason NOT to use a NAS drive as windows 10 system drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stupid-question-can-i-use-an-nas-sata-hard-drive/7779b78e-2292-44c2-ac22-a2d7d9defbe5
  4. This windows 10 pc can no longer accesss my NAS drive

This windows 10 pc can no longer accesss my NAS drive: This PC has been backing up to a LaCie Cloud storage device on my home netwrk for the past several years and now is no longer able to do it's weekly backup and I can not open the drive in file explorer on this pc. All the other devices in my house can still open the drive in...
  5. My NAS Drive can not be found on windows 10

My NAS Drive can not be found on windows 10: I have tried all the tricks that were available to try and get Windows 10 to find my NAS drive but nothing has worked. I can Log in to the device view web browswer but I can not get it mapped. Its a Thecus N5550 updated to the newest firmware. I only have SMB/CIFS running...
  6. Can see NAS drive but cannot map it

Can see NAS drive but cannot map it: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and can see the NAS drive when I click on 'Network' in File Explorer, but when I go to 'This PC' I cannot map the NAS. Becoming very frustrated. It works fine on my other laptop (that I want to get rid of) 137538
  7. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  8. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Seagate Introduces 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Seagate Introduces 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop: CUPERTINO, CA - Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) announced today its IronWolf™, IronWolf™ Pro and BarraCuda® Pro hard drives are now available at capacities up to 12TB. Offering the highest capacity, reliability and performance in the industry among network-attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use a nas hard drive for my desktop pc

2. can i use a nas hard drive in my desktop