Windows 10: Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices?

Discus and support Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my current set up: [img] what i want or what i am trying to get: [img] so how exactly can i use that one ethernet cable to give my PC and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McSweg, Nov 4, 2018.

1. McSweg Win User

Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices?

my current set up:
    Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices? [​IMG]

what i want or what i am trying to get:
    Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices? [​IMG]

so how exactly can i use that one ethernet cable to give my PC and my switch a wired connection? what would i have to purchase?

i dont want to use 2 differnt ethernet cables because I already have a 50 foot cord from the living room all the way into my room so I just want to use that one single ethernet cable.

the switch HAS to have a ethernet to USB to have a wired connection so keep that in mind. thanks for all the help.

:)

McSweg, Nov 4, 2018

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Homucles Win User

Cannot connect to Internet via direct Ethernet cable connection.

Hello. Have had this PC for about a year now. Came as Win7, updated to Win10 shortly thereafter. It is incapable of connecting to Internet wirelessly, so I connected it to modem directly through Ethernet cable. Have never had any problems whatsoever with
    connectivity to the Internet.

All of the sudden, as of about last week, I would start up my PC and it would be disconnected from the Internet. It cannot detect any sort of Internet connections despite being directly connected to the modem. Even wirelessly connected devices in my home
    like smartphones and tablets were unaffected by whatever ails my PC/Ethernet cable/etc.. I had:

• Restarted PC
    • Unplugged and replugged in modem after 30 seconds
    • Uninstalled drivers
    • Checked for driver updates (of which there were none)
    • Switched Ethernet ports
    • Switched Ethernet cables
    • Turned off firewalls and other malware-detecting programs
    • Reset network devices
    • ...and a host of other troubleshooting tips I have now forgotten
    None of these worked, but after 10-20 minutes, the Internet returned to normal. It has just happened again, and I did not retry any of the aforementioned actions, and, once again, it returned after 10-20 minutes.

It may seem to be a very trivial problem if the Internet ultimately comes back, but this effectively means my PC's startup time is extended to about 20 minutes, and this proves to be extremely inconvenient when I need to access the Internet.

Please offer any suggestions you think would solve this problem. Whatever system specifications are needed I will provide.

Homucles, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use one ethernet cable to give internet to two devices? - Similar Threads - ethernet cable internet

2. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  3. How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use wireless internet without using Ethernet cables?: I’ve recently returned to my mothers house with my PC/Desktop and I realized that she doesn’t have Ethernet hooked up around the house and now I don’t know how to get a wireless option available. At my dad’s house,there was Ethernet cables hooked up in every room which was...
  4. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  5. No internet using ethernet cable

No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  6. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  7. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  8. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  10. Connecting two pc's using ethernet cable, while one is wireless

Connecting two pc's using ethernet cable, while one is wireless: Hi everyone at TenForums :) This is Thomas from Copenhagen At my new workshop (photographer), I'm connected to my friendly office-nabours guest wifi network using an ASUS PCE-AC68 adapter. However in my work setup, I have until now been connecting my main pc, a Dell Aurora...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet

2. best solution one Ethernet cable to two devices