Windows 10: Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64?

Discus and support Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have to move from my current email client 'Windows Live Mail 2012' as it will no longer work with Outlook.com. Can I use the Outlook program in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hertslad, Jul 4, 2016.

1. hertslad Win User

Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64?

I have to move from my current email client 'Windows Live Mail 2012' as it will no longer work with Outlook.com.

Can I use the Outlook program in Office 2010, i.e. Outlook 2010?

If not what would you recommend as a free email client?

Both my wife and I currently use Hotmail accounts

:)

hertslad, Jul 4, 2016

2. Unable to send email via Live using comcast.net account

You are using outdated settings. See the POP3 settings here.

Using Email Client Programs with Comcast Email

Configure Your Email Settings to Comcast Email

Instructions for:

Outlook Express

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Outlook 2010

Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail

Windows 8

Mozilla Thunderbird

Mac Mail

Eudora

Bruce Hagen, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Really struggling with Windows 10 Mail. IMAP v. POP3.

While many people are IMAP fans, I'm still not. With Windows Live Mail, you can still use POP3 with Comcast.

Using Email Client Programs with Comcast Email

Configure Your Email Settings to Comcast Email

Instructions for:

Outlook Express

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Outlook 2010

Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail

Windows 8

Mozilla Thunderbird

Mac Mail

Eudora

That said, someone may have an answer for you without using POP3.

Bruce Hagen, Jul 4, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Yes, you will be able to use Outlook 2010.

philc43, Jul 4, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    I just moved my outlook account to the Mail program in W10 and looks OK but still playing with it.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 4, 2016
  6. altae Win User
    Outlook 2010 definitely works on Windows 10. It's also installed on my system (even though I don't use it). But it runs flawlessly.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I use Outlook 2010 as email client in W10 64? - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 email

2. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  3. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  4. CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL: CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL CANT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-error-on-my-outlook-email/7ec41646-cfd3-4e9a-952e-6fd37a70be0e
  5. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  6. Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -: outlook 2010 has been working fine for years. Had to change AT&T password last night and now Outlook 2010 emails are not dropping down. I can get emails on my phone and at the ATT website but outlook won't configure? Am using POP3 and using Inbound.att.net and...
  7. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  8. Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot use links from emails in Outlook, MS Office 2010: The following message occurs when clicking on any link in an email in Outlook 2010: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this comptuer. Please contact your system administrator." I am running a stand alone desktop computer in my home....
  9. No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010: Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work. Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails. Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry) I use Firefox latest version. 62675
  10. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing: Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile