Windows 10: can i use rf mouse to turn on win 10 pc

Discus and support can i use rf mouse to turn on win 10 pc in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it possible to turn on a pc with an rf mouse. I don't mean wake from sleep,i know there are so called "air mouse" available that can do this but a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oseven45, Mar 7, 2022.

1. oseven45 Win User

can i use rf mouse to turn on win 10 pc

Is it possible to turn on a pc with an rf mouse. I don't mean wake from sleep,i know there are so called "air mouse" available that can do this but a conventional mouse would suit my purpose better.

:)

oseven45, Mar 7, 2022

2. Win 10 mouse problem

Before you try to nuke Microsoft, you should take some very basic trouble-shooting steps, in particular these two (which you did not report on):

• Does the problem mouse work on a different PC?
    • Does a different mouse work on your PC?

Frederik Long, Mar 7, 2022
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Mar 7, 2022
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

"If" you can get into the PC's BIOS and "if" your BIOS supports it, there's an option to power the PC on by mouse or keyboard...

can i use rf  mouse to turn on win 10 pc [​IMG]

However, I'm unable to verify if a wireless mouse or keyboard would work because it seems this option is no longer listed in my recent BIOS update so I can't test it. FYI, the image above is from different BIOS posted online.

sygnus21, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

1. can i use rf mouse to turn on win 10 pc - Similar Threads - mouse turn

2. Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ?: Is it possible to use keyboard/mouse to turn pc on ? submitted by /u/bedouinbro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bwn009/is_it_possible_to_use_keyboardmouse_to_turn_pc_on/
  3. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  4. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  5. How do i turn off my mouse when laptop powers off and its still on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i turn off my mouse when laptop powers off and its still on?: Hello, my mouse wont turn off even if my laptop has been powered off. In "mice and other pointing devices" in device manager, under mouse properties and power management i can not turn on the option for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" how do i turn...
  6. How do i turn off my mouse when laptop powers off and its still on?

How do i turn off my mouse when laptop powers off and its still on?: Hello, my mouse wont turn off even if my laptop has been powered off. In "mice and other pointing devices" in device manager, under mouse properties and power management i can not turn on the option for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" how do i turn...
  7. After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not...: Yesterday night I was installing steam and epic, BlueStacks and the battery was low then I decreased brightness ot lowest and it locked and power off . After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not working in windows 10. But in...
  8. After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not...: Yesterday night I was installing steam and epic, BlueStacks and the battery was low then I decreased brightness ot lowest and it locked and power off . After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not working in windows 10. But in...
  9. After I turned it , then it was decreased brightness to low and keyboard and mouse was not...

10. Mouse cursor getting over-exposed after turning OFF HDR.

Mouse cursor getting over-exposed after turning OFF HDR.: I got this error today morning when I tried to turn ON and OFF HDR option in the settings.I thought if it is some driver related issue. So I installed the latest version. But the issue still exists.The cursor become normal when,- dragging and moving a window.- when I turn ON...