Windows 10: can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...

Discus and support can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; im running windows 7. trying to do a clean upload of windows 11. can i purchase windows 11 and store it on the same 5 tb external hd that i backed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Forest Hilyer, Mar 2, 2024.

1. can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...

im running windows 7. trying to do a clean upload of windows 11. can i purchase windows 11 and store it on the same 5 tb external hd that i backed up my computer files on?

:)

Forest Hilyer, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Mar 2, 2024
  4. can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...

Cant see External Hard Drive Back up Option in Windows 11

Hi Team, I'm new to Windows 11.

I'm trying to set up regular, scheduled back up of my files to my external hard drive, (worked really well in Windows 10) but I cant see External Hard Drive Back up Option in Windows 11/Settings/Accounts/Windows Back Up.

I want to back up to my hard drive, NOT the cloud.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Richard N.

Richardo_N, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...

1. can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11... - Similar Threads - same external hard

2. Can I back up files ONCE, to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I back up files ONCE, to an external hard drive?: The last time Windows downloaded and installed updates, it screwed up a bunch of stuff on my PC. Despite my internet connection being set as metered, Windows downloaded a bunch of updates, then installed them without even so much as telling me that it was installing updates...
  3. Can I back up files ONCE, to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I back up files ONCE, to an external hard drive?: The last time Windows downloaded and installed updates, it screwed up a bunch of stuff on my PC. Despite my internet connection being set as metered, Windows downloaded a bunch of updates, then installed them without even so much as telling me that it was installing updates...
  4. Can I back up files ONCE, to an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...

can i use same 5 tb external hard drive that i backed my files up on to store windows 11...: im running windows 7. trying to do a clean upload of windows 11. can i purchase windows 11 and store it on the same 5 tb external hd that i backed up my computer files on?...
  6. Can I use an external hard drive to install windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use an external hard drive to install windows 11?: I just built a PC for the first time and I'm attempting to install Windows 11 on it. I didn't have a flash drive large enough so I used an external hard drive instead. Now I'm on the step asking on which drive to install Windows, and it gives me an error I can't get past. Is...
  7. Can I use an external hard drive to install windows 11?

Can I use an external hard drive to install windows 11?: I just built a PC for the first time and I'm attempting to install Windows 11 on it. I didn't have a flash drive large enough so I used an external hard drive instead. Now I'm on the step asking on which drive to install Windows, and it gives me an error I can't get past. Is...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. Can I back up to external hard drive and another PC on my networK

Can I back up to external hard drive and another PC on my networK: Win 10 Pro Back Up Capability. Can I back up to multiple places? I have an external hard drive and I am currently backing up some of my folders. Not all due to size limitation of external drive. I have two other PC on my home network, lots of space, Can I also back...
  10. Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back Up: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive: I use W10 file back up, onto an external drive. It is set to save files for 1 month, but it saves them forever. Is there a way to get it to delete anything that was saved more than a month ago? Thank You 141968