Windows 10: Can I use store credit without adding a payment option?

Discus and support Can I use store credit without adding a payment option? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently accumulated enough points to get a microsoft gift card, which I redeemed, but when I try to make an online purchase, it requires me to add a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Rowan Bach, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Can I use store credit without adding a payment option?

I recently accumulated enough points to get a microsoft gift card, which I redeemed, but when I try to make an online purchase, it requires me to add a payment method. The card I redeemed has enough to cover the purchase and taxes, but does not come with a gift card code. Is there any way to access the gift card code so that I can register it as a payment method, or do I need to add a debit or credit card to my account before I can make use of the store credit I received in the form of the gift card?

:)

Rowan Bach, Jun 11, 2021

2. Query about Currency in App Store

Hi Ortizgab,

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check:

• Open the Store and tap the user icon on top. Tap or click
      payment options. This opens the web browser where you can add or remove payment options.

• To get started, tap or click
      Add payment option. Enter your credit card or PayPal information, and then click or tap
      next.

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 11, 2021
  3. not able to add payment option

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is this the first time your facing this issue?
    • Did you contact your bank, like the message suggests?
    I suggest you to retype your debit card number without spaces, commas, or other characters that aren't numbers and also verify that the billing address, expiration date, and name listed for your payment option are correct. If you are using a new payment
    option, verify that it has been activated.

Also suggest you to refer to this link below and check:

Add or edit your payment method for the Windows Store

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better

Nachappa C K, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Can I use store credit without adding a payment option?

APO Option for Microsoft Account Payment Options

• Where are you trying to add the APO address?

Under "Account">""Payment Options">"Add Payment Option">"Choose Payment Option to Add">"Add a credit card or debit card", the drop down menu for "State" does not include AE or AP.

• Are you getting any error message while updating the address?
    When I put "APO" in the "City" field, the error is: "Check the city in your address. There appears to be an error in it."

Just Tired, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Can I use store credit without adding a payment option?

1. Can I use store credit without adding a payment option? - Similar Threads - store credit without

2. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  3. PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAYMENT OPTION - ADD CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD: I can't add a payment method with BCA Bank Central Asia debit card, the issue I'm facing is with the cardholder name. I'm from Indonesia, please help me...
  4. Cancel credit card payment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel credit card payment: I recently downloaded Windows 11 for my wife's computer and before I realized I needed to check for compatibility I tendered payment for it with my Discover credit card. Her computer is not compatible with the new Win 11. How can I get a refund for the software since we can't...
  5. Cancel credit card payment

Cancel credit card payment: I recently downloaded Windows 11 for my wife's computer and before I realized I needed to check for compatibility I tendered payment for it with my Discover credit card. Her computer is not compatible with the new Win 11. How can I get a refund for the software since we can't...
  6. How to use gift card without adding a payment method

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to use gift card without adding a payment method: I have redeemed a 10 dollar gift card from Microsoft rewards. When I tried to spend it, it says to add a payment method. I want to use the gift card to buy it. When I saw other people questioning the same thing, they replied that enter the 25 digit code with the gift card....
  7. How to use gift card without adding a payment method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use gift card without adding a payment method: I have redeemed a 10 dollar gift card from Microsoft rewards. When I tried to spend it, it says to add a payment method. I want to use the gift card to buy it. When I saw other people questioning the same thing, they replied that enter the 25 digit code with the gift card....
  8. How to use gift card without adding a payment method

9. I removed the card and re added as a payment option again but it not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I removed the card and re added as a payment option again but it not working: I removed the card and re-added as a payment option again but it not working it says Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card Account & billing help Although I have used it before and paid with it on Microsoft store...
  10. watching ads for credits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    watching ads for credits: I continue not to be able to watch ads, says my purchase has been canceled for at least a month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-ads-for-credits/658611b7-2c04-4113-ae16-d7e09fd4d23f