Windows 10: Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?

Discus and support Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I much preferred the 8 theme. Multiple reasons: Better picked colors for the desktop background more pleasant looking taskbar with high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by avada, Jun 23, 2020.

1. avada Win User

Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?

Hi!

I much preferred the 8 theme. Multiple reasons:
    • Better picked colors for the desktop background
    • more pleasant looking taskbar with high transparency, which blended in better with the rest of the theme. Win10's is just off-color and smudgy looking.
    • Centered titlebar text.

Alternatively: is there a theme that recreated the 8 look perfectly?

:)

avada, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jun 23, 2020
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10?

1. Can I use the actual theme of win 8 on win 10? - Similar Threads - actual theme

2. registration to family account that does not actually work, thought look registered.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    registration to family account that does not actually work, thought look registered.: I encounter a pretty complicated situation. In my son account it is registered that he his related to my family account. However actually his computer is not related since the application does not including the one drive storage, that is set to 5G instead of 1 tera. More over...
  3. registration to family account that does not actually work, thought look registered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    registration to family account that does not actually work, thought look registered.: I encounter a pretty complicated situation. In my son account it is registered that he his related to my family account. However actually his computer is not related since the application does not including the one drive storage, that is set to 5G instead of 1 tera. More over...
  4. registration to family account that does not actually work, thought look registered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Was a Microsoft tech who helped us recover the computer during a hack actually working with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was a Microsoft tech who helped us recover the computer during a hack actually working with...: Certain statements and actions from him echoed things she discussed. I tried to speak to someone on the phone from MS, but it's impossible. He directed the calls to her and told us we had to get cash out of the bank to resolve this, etc. He went by Albert Brown with an Indian...
  6. Was a Microsoft tech who helped us recover the computer during a hack actually working with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was a Microsoft tech who helped us recover the computer during a hack actually working with...: Certain statements and actions from him echoed things she discussed. I tried to speak to someone on the phone from MS, but it's impossible. He directed the calls to her and told us we had to get cash out of the bank to resolve this, etc. He went by Albert Brown with an Indian...
  7. How do I get my HP4500envy to print actual size

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my HP4500envy to print actual size: How do I get my HP 4500 Envy printer to print actual size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-hp4500envy-to-print-actual-size/e3abbc3e-df0f-4f7e-b240-5e3a549f1b77
  8. How can I use the actual Win 8 theme on Windows 10?

How can I use the actual Win 8 theme on Windows 10?: Hi! I have backed up the 8 theme folders. Though looking at quickly at the .theme files they reference folders/files that win 10 has for its themes... Can I use them anyway somehow, without messing up the win 10 theme? (And potentially ending up with a mess and broken UI)...
  9. Does someone know about a good Windows 95 theme for Win 10 that actually looks like Win 95?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does someone know about a good Windows 95 theme for Win 10 that actually looks like Win 95?: If there isnt any theme is there a program or something to make it look like a true Windows 95? I've seen some themes but they all mess up with the internet browsers colors, folders colors and its supper messy. submitted by /u/TheHirou [link] [comments]...
  10. Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs

Custom theme sounds test OK but do not play when actual event occurs: I placed the custom .wav files in the media folder and pointed to them for the events I wanted the sounds to be used for. They all test OK and I have in fact applied the sounds. Problem is they do not play when the actual event; ie, Windows Logon occurs. Everything looks...