Windows 10: Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

Discus and support Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Convertible Windows 10, but only have an external CD reader from Apple. I have connected it via USB port. I can "eject" etc. but it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObyKonoby, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ObyKonoby Win User

Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

I have an HP Convertible Windows 10, but only have an external CD reader from Apple. I have connected it via USB port. I can "eject" etc. but it won't accept a CD... Is it because the device only works through Apple? Because on the Mac, it works fine

Do you know about this? If so, then I ask for problem solving and/or clarification

Many thanks and best regards!

ObyKonoby

:)

ObyKonoby, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Erin Page Win User
    Windows 10: Can I use Groove to rip music CDs to my local hard drive?

Thank you, SmittyChat. I appreciate the clear information on Media Player.

So to summarize for potential readers--if anything's wrong, please correct me!

• Groove cannot be used to rip CDs..
    • Windows Media Player ships with Windows 10 and can be used to rip CDs.

Erin Page, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

Software to use with usb barcode reader

I'm thinking of buying a ubs barcode reader to make a proper listing of my MUSIC cd collection. I was wondering what info the barcode reader would give me and what software I would need to input the info the barcode reader gives me? Thanks in advance.

Tony Vella, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

1. Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook? - Similar Threads - reader notebook

2. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  3. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  4. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  6. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  7. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  8. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  9. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  10. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...