Windows 10: Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

Discus and support Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Convertible Windows 10, but only have an external CD reader from Apple. I have connected it via USB port. I can "eject" etc. but it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObyKonoby, Aug 1, 2020.

1. ObyKonoby Win User

Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

I have an HP Convertible Windows 10, but only have an external CD reader from Apple. I have connected it via USB port. I can "eject" etc. but it won't accept a CD... Is it because the device only works through Apple? Because on the Mac, it works fine

Do you know about this? If so, then I ask for problem solving and/or clarification

Many thanks and best regards!

ObyKonoby

:)

ObyKonoby, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back of the HP envy all-in-one?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• When you say, “how do I open the cd/dvd disk drive on the back” are you not able to open the drive to enter a disk or trying to replace the drive?
    • What is the exact model number of the HP Envy PC that you are using? To check type:
      msinfo32 in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If the CD/DVD drive is not getting detected on the computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8).

If you are unable to burn CD/DVD using the drive, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the HP article

HP PCs - CD or DVD Drive Cannot Burn Discs (Windows 10, 8)

Please provide more information on the issue that you are facing to help you with the appropriate steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Erin Page Win User
    Windows 10: Can I use Groove to rip music CDs to my local hard drive?

Thank you, SmittyChat. I appreciate the clear information on Media Player.

So to summarize for potential readers--if anything's wrong, please correct me!

• Groove cannot be used to rip CDs..
    • Windows Media Player ships with Windows 10 and can be used to rip CDs.

Erin Page, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

Software to use with usb barcode reader

I'm thinking of buying a ubs barcode reader to make a proper listing of my MUSIC cd collection. I was wondering what info the barcode reader would give me and what software I would need to input the info the barcode reader gives me? Thanks in advance.

Tony Vella, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook?

1. Can I use the CD reader for my HP notebook? - Similar Threads - reader notebook

2. windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10, version 1909 update, the sd card reader stopped recognizing inserts or removals...: after updating windows 10 to version 1909, my sd card reader would not respond to inserting or removing an sd memory card. the update seemed normal, and everything else works as it should, with the exception of the card reader. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and updated the...
  3. Adobe Inc Released Acrobat DC Reader v20.012.20041 For Windows Clients OS & Windows Server...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Inc Released Acrobat DC Reader v20.012.20041 For Windows Clients OS & Windows Server...: On 11th August 2020, Adobe inc released acrobat DC reader v20.012.20041 this version is offline installer its size 169.213MB. I am sharing the direct downloading link from the official Adobe website. standardalone offline setup file...
  4. SD CARD READER NOT FUNCTIONING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD CARD READER NOT FUNCTIONING: Following the latest Windows update, my SD Card reader has ceased to function. I have scanned for hardware changes, uninstalled drivers and reinstalled devices and rebooted but it is non-existant. Please, what do I do now. Regards. Louis...
  5. PIV Smart Card Reader

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIV Smart Card Reader: Hi All, I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 and 2004. I am tasked with trying to figure out how to a PIV Reader on my physical PC and then VPN\remote into another network PC , and have that PIV Card reader be functional on the remote session. I have gone into remote...
  6. Windows does not pick up Fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows does not pick up Fingerprint reader: Split from this thread. When the last update of wdows 10 took place in my laptor since then the windows hello fingerprint cannot sence my fingerprint device....
  7. finger print reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print reader: I have a HP Pavilion x360 windows 10 and my finger print read does not work anymore, it was working fine until I did the new update. So I want to know is there a way to fix this problem....
  8. Zinio reader doesn´t work in a new win 10 2004 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zinio reader doesn´t work in a new win 10 2004 installation: After some problems with my 2004 update outlook, OneDrive, etc. I decided to format an make a new win 10 installation. The system is running quit well, but I can't log in in my Zinio Library with Zinio Reader. In other PC that make a 2004 upgrade, Zinio Reader is running...
  9. Windows 10 stucks when I insert SD card adapter in my laptop's SD card reader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stucks when I insert SD card adapter in my laptop's SD card reader: When insert SD card, My PC just stop responding, it's not showing "Not responding" and it's not crashing, the whole window stop responding to mouse, I can't close window, can't minimize it... Also, diskpart is not loading when SD card inserted, as soon as I remove SD card...
  10. Iconos/Miniaturas negros en el escritorio Adobe Reader

in Windows 10 Customization
    Iconos/Miniaturas negros en el escritorio Adobe Reader: Hola a todos, Tengo Window 10 actualizado, pero tengo un problema con las miniaturas que se encuentra en el escritorio, cuando prendo la computadora los iconos/miniaturas de Adobe Reader última versión aparecen negros, ya he borrado el icon cache y no me ha servido. También,...