Windows 10: Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

Discus and support Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bella L.C., Nov 23, 2022.

1. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the troubleshooting and tried a manual update from assistant and it doesn't work, I can't download apps from the store too.I had a win 10 home OEM key bought from a reputable store in my country 2 years ago key code and a CD, never used before. So:Can I use the "Change product key" already in the windows activation setting to install the OEM key or do I need to do the clean install?If I need to do the clean install, what steps in detail do I have to do?wil

:)

Bella L.C., Nov 23, 2022

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Nov 23, 2022
  3. jsalpha2 Win User
    Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Nov 23, 2022
  4. kajson Win User

Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean... ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

1. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean... - Similar Threads - Change product key

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...: Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the troubleshooting and tried a manual update from assistant and it doesn't work, I can't download apps from the store too.I had a win 10 home...
  6. Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the "Change product key" to install win 10 home OEM or I need to do the clean...: Hi!I just figure out that I'm using the win 10 pro volume version. It recently had a problem in updating to the new version I did run the troubleshooting and tried a manual update from assistant and it doesn't work, I can't download apps from the store too.I had a win 10 home...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  8. Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?: can I use my windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10 on same laptop? I am asking this because, unfortunately, I forgot my laptop's password. I already watched youtube tutorials on how to change or reset password but I am doubtful of these tutorials online and...
  9. Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?: Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? When I got done building my pc I chose win 10 pro and then selected “I don’t have a product key”. But can I still enter my win 10 home product key on my win 10 pro system? submitted by /u/TazerTazerX [link] [comments]...
  10. Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use Win 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Win 10: I create windows 10 instalation USB flash drive by official Microsoft Tool. Can I use Windows 8 BizSpark licence key for clean instalation of Windows 10 from this USB drive? 10002