Windows 10: Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

Discus and support Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to install SSD in my Dell Inspiron 7559. I have a pre installed copy of Windows 10 running in hardisk at the moment. My question is if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HusnainAli1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

I want to install SSD in my Dell Inspiron 7559. I have a pre installed copy of Windows 10 running in hardisk at the moment.

My question is if I install fresh copy of windows 10 from Microsoft online store, then can i use the product key of the current windows installed in my laptop?

:)

HusnainAli1, Mar 6, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Mar 6, 2019
  3. How to put Windows 10 on pre-installed windows 10 laptop upgraded to SSD?

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) that came with pre-installed Windows 10. I have purchased an SSD (Samsung 250 EVO) to replace the HDD. How would I install/activate Windows 10 after I install the SSD? I don't have a windows 10 CD nor license
    key as the laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10? I want to do a fresh install after I input the SSD.

Thank you.

theponyfactor, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

1. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop? - Similar Threads - product key pre

2. Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?: Recently my old PC died and I just build another one. On my old PC I used a retail Product Key of Windows 8.1 and I know that I can use it again on my new PC as long that I delete my old device on my account. But do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and then...
  3. Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?: Recently my old PC died and I just build another one. On my old PC I used a retail Product Key of Windows 8.1 and I know that I can use it again on my new PC as long that I delete my old device on my account. But do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and then...
  4. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  5. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  6. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  7. can I install windows 10 on multiple laptops using one product key

can I install windows 10 on multiple laptops using one product key: Hi, I currently work from a laptop running windows 10. My daughter keeps asking to use it for homework etc, I have an old laptop and I was going get it working for her using windows 10. Do I need to purchase a new download of windows 10 or is there a way I can copy it...
  8. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?: So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even...
  9. Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key

Windows 10 Fresh Install - no product key: I had a copy of Windows 10 and after recent update to 1903 my PC stopper working - BSOD was happening a lot to the point I could not use the PC. Now Windows has failed and I need to reinstall Windows 10. Previously I had Windows 7 and then did the free upgrade to Windows 10...
  10. Installing again Windows 10 on laptop with the same product key

Installing again Windows 10 on laptop with the same product key: Hello, If I would completely uninstall windows 10 from my laptop and wanted to install it again will the product key work? If I would use the one from the ProduKey application. Thanks for any answers. 87744

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use installed windows key on fresh install

2. can i redownload windows on a ssd with the same product key?

3. do i need product key if i add ssd after format

4. i got windows pre installed can i use the same key to install