Windows 10: Can i use the recimg from another partition?

Discus and support Can i use the recimg from another partition? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, May 21, 2015.

1. Can i use the recimg from another partition?

Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want to refresh my windows but i really dont want to reinstall over 400GB of desktop apps. so after reading i stumbled across a command called recimg, they say this commend can save all windows desktop apps to a img to be used in conjunction with the windows refresh to fresh install windows files but keep everything else.
    but my main question is can i recimg my old partition from within my temp partition? etc. i need to recimg my D drive from my c drive without being logged into the partition i want to recimg.

when the command is ran i see a

"source os location c:"
    i need to change that C to D

:)

xdarkmario, May 21, 2015
  2. Andrei V. Win User

windows 10 to windows 8.1 downgrade

Forget "recimg" "rollback" and the other "automated" Windows 8 system restore feature. They are really really bad.

I used recimg once and restored from it. Never again.

The best system image method that is built into Windows and works great is
    wbadmin

It is command line and it takes a lot of space (no compression) but it never failed me (and I used it many many times). Plus, images created with
    wbadmin are bare metal restorable.

So before the upgrade, create an image with wbadmin (it works in 7 and 8), do the upgrade, play with Windows 10, if you don't like it for any reason just restore the image and you are done. No recimg, or rollback or other unpolished Microsoft tools.

Andrei V., May 21, 2015
  3. Does Recimg.exe or equivalent exist in Windows 10?

I have read elsewhere on Answers that "Recimg has not been included in Windows 10 since its stated purpose was to "configure the recovery image Windows uses to Refresh your computer" and there is no "Refresh" option in 10."

Is this true? If so, is there an equivalent system for taking a system image?

I expect/hope there is, as otherwise I would not consider upgrading from 8.1 - Recimg is one of the most valuable features of 8.1. Third party imaging tools are FAR less effective.

jonrichco1, May 21, 2015
Thema:

Can i use the recimg from another partition?

1. Can i use the recimg from another partition? - Similar Threads - recimg another partition

2. Can I use a Windows CD from Dell on another computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Windows CD from Dell on another computer?: I have a Windows Vista 32-bit CD installation. On it, it says that it only installs on Dell PC's. Is this for marketing reasons or can I install it on another computer such as a Toshiba? The Toshiba has Windows XP.Thank you!...
  3. Can I use a Windows CD from Dell on another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a Windows CD from Dell on another computer?: I have a Windows Vista 32-bit CD installation. On it, it says that it only installs on Dell PC's. Is this for marketing reasons or can I install it on another computer such as a Toshiba? The Toshiba has Windows XP.Thank you!...
  4. Another Partitions Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Partitions Question: Seems every time Windows does a major upgrade it adds another recovery partition.They aren't that large by them selves but add them up to over 1 gb. I can really use that space.Can anyone explain this?James...
  5. Can I copy the Windows 10 files to another partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I copy the Windows 10 files to another partition?: So, here's what I wanna do:First, I want to copy my $GetCurrent, Windows BT, Windows WS, WinREAgent and ESD folder to another partition. So then, when MS posts the official not Insider ISO for Windows 11, and I run setup, and install 11 with TPM fix, it will update the C...
  6. How can i move my active partition to another disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i move my active partition to another disk?: Here is my situation and hoping i can get some help: 1) After checking the PC health checker for win11 upgrade, I found that my computer can't run Win11 because i don't have secure boot. After trying to turn it on in my BIOS to no avail, it seems it's due to me having...
  7. OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?: When unlocking the online version of OneDrive Personal Vault, one may use email and codes. Easier is to use a security key, like Yubikey. For local Personal Vault unlocking, still email + code should be used, the Security Key option is not offered. It seems(!) that the...
  8. How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another

How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another: How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another lower one, as was prepared ? [img] Many thankfulness for sincere helpful effort 101436
  9. Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?

Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?: I am thinking of having dual boot to 7 and 10, i have 10 now can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ? 68579
  10. recimg

in Windows 10 Support
    recimg: While doing some research i found that previous builds allowed you to create a custom image (including installed programs) that can be used to refresh the installation while maintaining installed programs intact. However when i tried it with the release build it failed due to...