Windows 10: Can i use the recimg from another partition?

Discus and support Can i use the recimg from another partition? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xdarkmario, May 21, 2015.

1. Can i use the recimg from another partition?

Currently im locked out of my primary windows partition because it cant boot. I'm currently on another partition trying my best to recover it. i want to refresh my windows but i really dont want to reinstall over 400GB of desktop apps. so after reading i stumbled across a command called recimg, they say this commend can save all windows desktop apps to a img to be used in conjunction with the windows refresh to fresh install windows files but keep everything else.
    but my main question is can i recimg my old partition from within my temp partition? etc. i need to recimg my D drive from my c drive without being logged into the partition i want to recimg.

when the command is ran i see a

"source os location c:"
    i need to change that C to D

:)

xdarkmario, May 21, 2015
  2. Andrei V. Win User

windows 10 to windows 8.1 downgrade

Forget "recimg" "rollback" and the other "automated" Windows 8 system restore feature. They are really really bad.

I used recimg once and restored from it. Never again.

The best system image method that is built into Windows and works great is
    wbadmin

It is command line and it takes a lot of space (no compression) but it never failed me (and I used it many many times). Plus, images created with
    wbadmin are bare metal restorable.

So before the upgrade, create an image with wbadmin (it works in 7 and 8), do the upgrade, play with Windows 10, if you don't like it for any reason just restore the image and you are done. No recimg, or rollback or other unpolished Microsoft tools.

Andrei V., May 21, 2015
  3. Does Recimg.exe or equivalent exist in Windows 10?

I have read elsewhere on Answers that "Recimg has not been included in Windows 10 since its stated purpose was to "configure the recovery image Windows uses to Refresh your computer" and there is no "Refresh" option in 10."

Is this true? If so, is there an equivalent system for taking a system image?

I expect/hope there is, as otherwise I would not consider upgrading from 8.1 - Recimg is one of the most valuable features of 8.1. Third party imaging tools are FAR less effective.

jonrichco1, May 21, 2015
Thema:

Can i use the recimg from another partition?

1. Can i use the recimg from another partition? - Similar Threads - recimg another partition

2. Can I use Windows Defender with another antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I use Windows Defender with another antivirus?: Is it OK for my computer to use Windows Defender and another antivirus such as Kaspersky or Avast? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-defender-with-another-antivirus/e3d03007-606d-4c8f-96a6-c4d9cd76a91d
  3. OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?: When unlocking the online version of OneDrive Personal Vault, one may use email and codes. Easier is to use a security key, like Yubikey. For local Personal Vault unlocking, still email + code should be used, the Security Key option is not offered. It seems(!) that the...
  4. Can I get drivers from a USB to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I get drivers from a USB to another?: I have an Afterglow headset, it's USB that plugs in is MASSIVE. huge. was wondering if theres a way to get the content of that USB onto another, of course I know I'd have to format it but just wondering. It doesn't show up in file explorer. submitted by /u/Nanamagari1989...
  5. Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I download windows 10 from another computer to use on current computer: Blue screen options do nothing. I have no recovery disk. Can I download a recovery disk from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-from-another-computer-to/643f6ad6-5a85-491d-9e3f-efee3d86376f
  6. How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I upgrade from a SSD to another?: Hello! I got a nice deal with the black friday's discounts for a 480GB SSD from kingston. I had another one with 120GB so i want to move everything from it to the other one, that means Windows and a couple of apps. I will keep both SSDs in my system but I want the 480GBs one...
  7. How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another

How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another: How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another lower one, as was prepared ? [img] Many thankfulness for sincere helpful effort 101436
  8. Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?

Can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ?: I am thinking of having dual boot to 7 and 10, i have 10 now can i install 7 on another partition and have dual boot ? 68579
  9. Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer

Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer: The Win 10 install.esd for tomorrow's upgrade is on my new Win 8.1 computer. Can I use an iso. made from that esd. to upgrade my Win 7 computer if it has not yet received the upgrade files? Both will be upgrading to Win 10 Home. I wouldn't try it until tomorrow because...
  10. recimg

in Windows 10 Support
    recimg: While doing some research i found that previous builds allowed you to create a custom image (including installed programs) that can be used to refresh the installation while maintaining installed programs intact. However when i tried it with the release build it failed due to...