Windows 10: Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional?

Discus and support Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I use the same microsoft account for two versions? Win10 Home on one laptop and Professional on another?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by p4u, Jun 1, 2021.

1. P4U
    p4u Win User

Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional?

Can I use the same microsoft account for two versions? Win10 Home on one laptop and Professional on another?

:)

2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional?

Rearranging the Order of E-Mail Accounts

I have six e-mail accounts established in my Windows 10 Mail. It appears the accounts are listed in the order they were created. However, I just had to add another e-mail account and it is at the bottom of the list. Is there any way to rearrange the list? In Windows 8.1 you could move the accounts up and down in the order that you wanted them listed. The procedure used in Windows 8.1 does not work in Windows 10.

StevenTodd, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional?

1. Can I use the same account for two versions i.e Win10 Home and Professional? - Similar Threads - same account versions

2. use the same account from two devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use the same account from two devices: Hello,my name is Argiris.I am a student at the university.I have tow computers one desktop and one laptop.They both have windows 10.When I am home I work from my desktop and send my work to laptop by email.I want all my files to be in tow accounts at the same time?Is there...
  3. use the same account from two devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use the same account from two devices: Hello,my name is Argiris.I am a student at the university.I have tow computers one desktop and one laptop.They both have windows 10.When I am home I work from my desktop and send my work to laptop by email.I want all my files to be in tow accounts at the same time?Is there...
  4. use the same account from two devices

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.: I used the same e-mail on two of my computers when I built them. I bought one Microsoft Code for each unit, & have run one of them for a few years & the other I built some months back. However, after some updates, they seem to be conflicting. Its like they are glued via...
  6. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.: I used the same e-mail on two of my computers when I built them. I bought one Microsoft Code for each unit, & have run one of them for a few years & the other I built some months back. However, after some updates, they seem to be conflicting. Its like they are glued via...
  7. I used the same e-mail on two of my computers; and now they seem to be conflicting.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can I use OneDrive (free version) without using that same account to sign into my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use OneDrive (free version) without using that same account to sign into my PC?: I setup Windows with a local account because I don't want to use any of Microsofts online services. The only exception is OneDrive which I am now considering as an alternative to dropbox. I assume I DO need a Microsoft account to use that, but must I then also use that...
  9. Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account: I like the security and convenience of having an account with administrative privileges, which I only use for installing and changing critical settings and an account which I use for all other purposes, which does not have administrative privileges. I would like to abandon...
  10. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key: hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro. Is that same key can I use for Win10 Pro Activation, which I have for win10 Home, please let me know. The reason of make...